Coloring on wood with Copic markers - Christmas Cookie Gnomes - Copictopia Creative


Hey all! Happy Friday! Today I am sharing with you a Christmas tree decoration I created featuring the NEW RELEASE Christmas Cookie Gnomes Clear Stamp Set by Copictopia Creative. I LOVE gnomes, we all know this. But I REALLY love these little guys! I have already created

gnomes for fall and for birthday releases! I just LOVE them! 

 


The wood I actually got off of Amazon. They came as 3.5 to 4" pieces of wood. They are already nice and smooth, but the bark does fall off a little bit, so be prepared for a bit of a mess. I have the link for you down at the bottom. 

The Momento ink goes on very nicely! It is also very easy to color! However, you do use just a touch more ink, and your lighter colors still come out dark. This is just because the surface of the wood is like coloring on watercolor paper. 

 

You can see that some of the rings from the wood come into your coloring, but I really feel that brings extra uniqueness and texture to the ornament. It also makes their beards look quite nice haha! 

 

The wood pieces came with holes in the wood and the string. But if you would like without they do have without in the Amazon listing as well. Coloring on wood was soooo much fun! I know I will be doing it more in the future for other things!

If you like this, we will actually be making it for the Copictopia Creative 2023 Christmas Retreat


COPIC COLORS:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30
Hair: E21, 23, 25, 27, 41, 42, 43
Reds: R05, 17, 29, 59
Greens: YG05, 06, 07, 11, 09
White: C00, 1
Frosting bag: BG000
Cookies: E99, 97, 13


Other: Dr. Ph. Martins Bleed Proof White Ink

 

JOIN ME FOR MY UPCOMING EVENTS!

 

LAST DAY TO REGISTER NOVEMBER 1, 2023 

REGISTER TODAY!

LAST DAY TO REGISTER SEPTEMBER 30, 2023

REGISTER TODAY!





SUPPLIES:


I hope you enjoyed my post today.  You can also find Copictopia Creative on Facebook and Instagram

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

 








Comments