VIDEO TUTORIAL : Mermazing Diorama - Scrappy Boy Stamps & Splitcoast Stampers

 

Hey all!! Happy Wednesday!! I am so excited that I was asked back to do another fun tutorial for Splitcoast Stampers. I created the diorama card in Silhouette Studio, which some of you have seen with the C.C. Designs Ari Swissie that I showed last month. I did decide to do another one but with the ever so cute Mermazing Clear Stamp Set from Scrappy Boy Stamps. I had originally

designed the SVG for the Mermazing stamp set, but the CCD one went live first.  As you can see from the photo above it has many layers creating very nice depth. 

 

 

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how this turned out with all the elements of the Mermazing Clear Stamp Set. I love how little Sea Witch (Ursula) is in the back of the cave with her little Unfortunate souls. I even colored them a grayish color with little yellow eyes haha!
 


I also had to make pink seaweed in the back just for the sea witch to go along with one of my favorite movies that I was watching while I colored and made this card. 



I really like how this sweet little mermaid came out. I had a great time coloring her. She actually has a few other images of herself in the stamp set, but this one worked perfectly so you can see all the different layers and stamps in the back. You can see the little lobster, flounder and the sea witch right behind her. 



You can see even more the layers from this angle. This card I actually did the back of the card gray so that it looked more like the back of the cave, unlike the other one I did. 

 


The last thing I did was added a sentiment on the front. I was thinking I wasn't going to... but it didn't look quite right without it. 

If you would like to see the full step by step and video tutorial for this diorama card you can see it on Splitcoast Stampers.

I created the SVG file so it would cut and score the whole card. Granted you can ungroup and take the scorelines out if you wanted to do so. But this way you wouldn't have to guess. 

The pieces are
  • 8 x 5 - scored at 1/2, 1 1/2, 6 1/2, and 7 1/2
  • 6 1/2 x 5 - scored at 3/4 and 5 3/4
  • 6 x 5 - scored at 1/2 and 5 1/2
  • 5 1/2 x 11 - scored at 5 1/2 (this is the card base)
 You can download the Copictopia Cave Diorama Cut SVG file I created for free here. **This file is for personal use ONLY cannot be used for mass production or commercial use**
 
 

 

 COPIC COLORS: 

Mermaid:
Skin: E00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30
Hair: YR02, 04, 09, R29, 59
Tail: YG11, 04, 05, 07, 09, G09
Shells: BV11, 13, 17
Flower: RV55, 52
Sea witch:
Skin: BV02, 04, 23, 32, 34
Hair: BV20
Tail & Hat: C5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Fish:
Y00, 11, 13, 15, BG45, 49
Lobster:
R05, 17, 29, YR02


DISTRESS OXIDE INKS:

Salty Ocean
Broken China
Blueprint Sketch
Peacock Feathers
Mermaid Lagoon
Cracked Pistachio

 

Join me for my 2022 Christmas Retreat! 



Did you hear?? I am hosting a crafting retreat! Check out the sponsors & Come join me!

 

 

If you like my cards join me for...

 


SUPPLIES: 

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Be sure to head over to the Scrappy Boy blog or to Splitcoast Stampers to see even more inspiration. You can also find Scrappy Boy on Facebook, Instagram or join his Facebook Group. You can find out what Splitcoast Stampers is up to on their Facebook, Instagram and YouTube!


Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube


Comments