A Fairy's Best Friend - The Paper Shelter challenge #468

 

Hey all! I hope you are all having a fantastic week! I am starting my creative week off with a new Paper Shelter challenge #468 - Color It! With my daughter's birthday coming up I decided to color A Fairy's Best Friend.  I also have had this stamp on my waiting/wish list to color so this was perfect timing. 


Meadow likes to play Minecraft like most teenagers. In Minecraft, she likes to make mushroom houses because she absolutely loves them, now you know where Minecraft works into this card haha! Her birthday wish is to have a mushroom-themed birthday party. The party decorations should be interesting.


I did however decide to go with coloring the mushrooms like Porcini Mushrooms to be a little different. I let Meadow pick out the color of the little fairy's clothes, and she still doesn't suspect that this card is for her :) heehee! 


I fussy cut the image out so that I could have a nice soft background with texture behind her. I did the texture with Daffodils Layering Stencil. I put this on all my bits of paper. I actually used watercolor paper for the white layers. 


The last things that I added were the beautiful flowers and the dew drops. 



The Copic markers I used are: 
Skin: E00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30, 32
Hair: E41, 42, 43, 44, 47
Dress: YG00, 01, 03 , 07, R81, 83, RV00, 10
Wings & Butterfly: BV0000, BV000, B0000, 000, 00, 01
Grass: G24, 28, YG21, 23, 25
Mushrooms: E40, 41, 42, 43, 44




I hope you enjoyed my post today. There are a lot of lovely cards over on the challenge blog you really should go and look.  Find The Paper Shelter on Instagram here: @thepapershelter. There is also a group on Facebook called Friends Who Like The Paper Shelter that you can share them with as well.

Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments