Hippo Birdie Birthday Card ~ La-La Land Crafts




Hey all! Happy Friday! Today is Hippo Birdie Clear Stamp day for me. I love this stamp set with it’s adorable little critters. I know I used it for a birthday card a couple of weeks ago. However, I had to use it again to feature the rest of the gang. So for this card, I decided to make a slimline with the Rhino, Elephant, and the Duck.




It was a lot of fun because I actually colored these three in my Copic Academy classes, now everyone gets to see how I used them.







I couldn’t find a blue-green cardstock to match the new Celebrate Paper Pack sheet that I was using for the Happy Stitched Die to cut out for the Three Candles Die. But! What I did notice is that the stripes on the bit that I was using was going to fit behind the candle perfectly. So I glued the 2 of the Three Candles Die that I wanted to use onto the Celebrate Paper Pack where I wanted them and just cut them out. It was so much easier and more fun!





The Happy Stitched Die to get the foam behind it. I used adhesive back foam sheets, ran them through my Creative Station Lite, making it double-sided adhesive foam. After I got that done, I attached the Celebrate Paper Pack to the foam sheet and cut out the Happy Stitched Die. I love doing that with all the stitched words.





I also added the birthday from the Happy Birthday Die so that I could have another fun font with the sentiment of Happy Birthday.






The last thing I added was some texture with the new Celebration Layering Stencils. I used the stars to add a bit of pizzazz to a cute and fun card.

The Copic Colors I used are:
Rhino & Elephant: C4, 5, 6, 7, 8, R01
Duck: Y11, 13, 15
Pink: RV00, 10, R81
Blue: B01, 02, 00
Blue-Green: BG11, 13
Gold: YR23
Gold and White Gel Pens also used for details


If you like the way I color and would like to learn from me, come join Copic Academy!




Here are the supplies I used for the card:

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments