3D Coffee Box Card ~ La-La Land Crafts New Release

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Happy Friday!! You can probably tell my first photo looks a little off compared to the other photos I normally start with. That is because I used the ADORABLE little coffee hammies from the new La-La Land Crafts release Coffee Is Life! I love all these little guys. I know you have seen the Coffee Is Life guys before in a previous Club La-La Land Crafts Kit but, the clear stamp set has 2 extra little guys that I know you will love.










This box card is all about the coffee! I made it into a Starbucks gift card holder for my husband for Father's Day. I normally completely dread making these box cards because I have a hard time with the placement and a REALLY hard time with what exactly to do with the little open flaps. However! This one was SO MUCH FUN!  Once I got the flaps all done and what I wanted to do the ideas just started coming. Isn't that the most fun when you create something when it all just flows?



This front flap is really what got me going and got me inspired. All the different bits of the Coffee Word die, along with the fun green pattern from the Daisies On My Mind Layering Stencils. It actually took me 2 different distress inks to get the green to look the same as the cardstock! I used Lucky Shamrock and Pine Needles Distress Oxide Ink. I first went over the stencil with the Lucky Shamrock and then over the top of that with the Pine Needles Distress Oxide Ink.



You can kind of see the Curved Pocket Die back there with a Starbucks Drink Sleeve. I had to put the hammie I have been calling in my classes "Mr. Grumpy Pants" in the front without the coffee.  You can also see the Coffee Pot Die with the beans from the Coffee Heart Wreath Die. I used the Coffee Heart Wreath in a few places.



Next, I used the little hammie getting his coffee and making him happy. You can see the little hammie in the back in his super suit. Thank you Marilyn from my classes to help me decide to make the belt buckle brown. However, after class was over I decided to take it a step further and make the belt buckle into a coffee bean. We also have the Coffee Cup Die and one of the cups from the Coffee Mugs Die in the background as well.










On the left side of the box I have the exercise hammie having a good time. On the right side of the box I put the sentiment "Coffee" plus the sentiment "Is Life" on the Coffee Pot Die. I first cut it out in white cardstock then colored it with my Copic markers before stamping it. For my husband coffee is most definitely life!

Copic markers I used are:
Hammies: E50, 51, 53, 55, R20, 30
Greens: G28, 46, YG63
White: C00, 0, 1
Brown: E57, 35, 33, 31


If you like the way I color
 and would like to learn from me, come join Copic Academy!


 

Here are the supplies I used for the card:


I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments