Plumeria Lei Marci New Release ~ La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Happy Wednesday! I can't believe it is already halfway through the week and we are on the last day of the La-La Land Crafts new release week. I am kind of sad. This release has been helping me to hang onto summer. I like the colors of fall, but I am not one that likes cold weather.

If I had the body I would be just like Plumeria Lei Marci! She is beautiful and looks like she loves the sun as well. I absolutely LOVE the way that she was drawn from her hair to her toes.



When I very first saw her all I could think of was Moana. My daughter loves that movie and so do I! So I used this photo to help me with Plumeria Lei Marci's clothes



Granted, I had to kind of go with what I could. I just took bits and pieces and put them "kinda" where I thought they would look good on Plumeria Lei Marci's outfit.



The flowers I looked up the different colors of the Plumeria flower. I did not realize how many different colors they come in! It was amazing! I decided to go with the yellow with pink center flowers. I think those are my favorite. I really like how the color is more in the center and bleeds out into the white edges.



I used the Get Inky Paper Pack again because, I again, really love the look of some of those pages! This one is the same one that I used for the little penguin yesterday. It makes me think of the ocean every time I use it. I wanted Plumeria Lei Marci to look like she was walking away from the water or standing right on its edge going through the trees with the big Monstera Leaf Die.



I also like the edge of the paper because it makes it look like sand on the edge of the ocean.



The Long Flags Die was the perfect size for the sentiment I used. I couldn't believe it fit! I was so excited!!!

I finished off the card with some sequins that I absolutely LOVE!

Copic markers I used for the project are:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30, 32
Hair: E41, 42, 43, 44, 47
Skirt: E40, 41, 42, 43, YG91
Shirt: R02, 05, 12
Flowers: YR000, R02, Y11, 02
Leaves: YG21, 23, 25
Background: Salted Ocean Distress Oxide Ink

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well. Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Dear Christena
    Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I juggle between sunny Sri Lanka and New Zealand. In Sunny Sri Lanka we get many colors of this beautiful plumeria flower which is known as Araliya in the native language Sinhala. As soon as i saw your card i ws reminded of Moana as my grand daughter loves the movie and i too enjoy it with her. So mark my words your card is par excellance. I used to suck at coloring but thanks to all of you lovely talented crafters i am taking baby steps in coloring. Love and blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Surekha :)
    This has to be one of the loveliest of messages I have ever received on my blog. Thank you so very much. I LOVE that you shared how to say Araliya with me. I love learning new things! Thank you so much! I think everyone's coloring starts out a little rough... you should see the first things that I had done. I just practice all the time or as much as I possibly can. I am sure you coloring is beautiful xx Blessings to you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!