It's Laundry Day Again - Magengo

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! I am so very excited to tell you about a new company that I will be making cards for! It is a digital stamp company and they are SO CUTE! I have been saying no to a lot of companies as of late because my plate is full, but I just could not resist saying yes to Rana the owner of Magengo.

Rana's store is on Etsy. You can find all kinds of cutie pootie stamps in her store. The way that she sends them out is magnificent as well!  Not only do you get several images within the stamp set (the one I am using is $2.35) but she sends them as individual images if you just want to print one and you can resize. Or you have the choice of the print-ready sheet that has several of the images and you just have to print! It is A.MAZ.ING! I love it!

So let's do this! For this cutie card, I made for my hubby. We have been together going on 18 years and he has always done the laundry.. he says it is relaxing?? crazy. I used this cute Laundry Cows stamp set for him. I also am in the process of making another card and you can see it next week.



I used some lighter colors so I have a lot of close-ups for you. The cows I did first. I had to look up the Holstein cow as I have seen their noses so many different ways with their beautiful black spots. I decided this little moo cow was going to have the sweet little pink nose that I love.

I thought it was too cute putting these two together like the cow standing in the back was pushing the other cow saying "nooooo you do the laundry" haha! Or "look look! I am doing the laundry" haha! Either of those would be me haha!



I cut the center of the washing machine out so that I could make the shaker inside of the washing machine. I could have probably made them a bit bigger but I wanted them to be tiny so I could fit all of them that I colored on the card if I so decided. So the shaker is a bit tiny. The washing machine though if you do not want to make it into a shaker does have a swirl that you can put in the center of the washer to make it look like it is running.



I wanted to use hearts to put inside the shaker because well... as much as people do laundry you have to really love the people you do it for, as much as you do it... am I wrong? haha!

I also put the basket full of clothes on the card. Meadow helped me to pick out the colors of the clothes, and both of us insisted that Holstein cows would have to love polka dot clothes. I used a white gel pen to add the polka dots on the clothes when I was finished coloring them.



the most forward orange looking clothing is supposed to be a light reddish pink but it ended up looking orange as well in the photo.

I added some buttons because how many of us have lost one or two buttons in the wash over the years. I decided to find all pink ones but have them all be different styles to make it look like they came off of different clothing.



I also had to use the new stencil that I just got to make all the varied sizes of polka dots on the background with all the stitched edges of the die cuts I used as well.



The damask paper is from one of the cards that you get for those pocket scrapbooks.. not sure what they are called actually. I love the little papers in those little packages and I like that you can cut them with die-cuts or they are just ready to go with the sizes they are. I picked this one because it made me think of wallpaper for the cows.



The last thing I added was a small (and I mean SMALL) piece of paper to thread through the buttonholes of this button and curl the ends for the sentiment. I had to be very careful while tying this so that it did not rip on me.



I hand cut the sentiment out but then used a die-cut for the little flags behind. I thought it was fun and kind of sweet to have the gingham flags behind. I love the soft touch of the gingham cardstock I used. This cardstock is just perfect for just about anything, I just love it!

Copic markers I used for the project are:


  • Cows: C00, 1, 2, E40, 41, R00, 01, 02

  • Laundry Basket: E30, 31, 33, 35

  • Laundry: Y0000, 000, 00, V000, 01, 04, BG10, 11, 13, R00, 01, 02, YR000, 00, 01, 04

  • Washing Machine: RV0000, 000, 00, T0, 2, C00, 01



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Remember to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the Magengo Blog. You can also stay connected with Magengo on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Until next time friends!!!



Remember to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss any of my posts. You can also follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. oh how CUTE! She has coffee designs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I just did laundry yesterday. Yuck. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!