Christmas In July Challenge - The Cat's Pajamas

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Are you starting to make your Christmas cards yet? I know there are a few of you out there that are so well organized you probably already have half of them finished.

Every year I say I am going to start mine in January, then I say I will start in July. Thanks to the Christmas In July Challenge from The Cat's Pajamas I am sticking to what I said I was going to do haha!

I made this little card using the Spit Happens stamp set because it is one of my favorites. It also reminds me of having Christmas in California. I don't like how cold it gets here in North Carolina (I know that is nothing compared to those that live in the northern states but it is as cold as I will go haha!) but I do like to know what season it is by looking outside haha!



I did make a little video of how I colored the hat, cactus and the background. I have already done a video of coloring the little Llama before, which I am sure that you have seen already. But I thought you would like to see how I did the background and put the card together as well.

I had a good time making the video You can even see Meadow's hand in there telling me I should put the gift in the sand.



I don't talk in the video it is all sped up so you don't have to sit there for an hour and a half watching me color and put a card together. So you don't get to know the things I really love about the die cuts that I used. I used the matching die cuts for the Spit Happens stamp set and I just love that the little Llama's hands pop out so he can hold that cute little gift box.



I also really love the stitching from the Spring Tree die cut. I didn't use the center of the die cut, just the outer circle of it. It is also what I used to cut out the center bit with the ground and sky on it.

Here is the video of me coloring the elements on the card, along with putting the card together. I hope you enjoy!



The Copic Markers I used are:


  • Llama: E50, 51, 53, 55

  • Everything Green: YG00, 01, 03

  • Everything Red: R17, 24, 27

  • Ground: E30, 31, 33, 44, 50, 55

  • Sky: Salted Ocean Distress Oxide Ink



Be sure to check out The Cat's Pajamas Blog and Facebook page to see what the other designers on the team have made to inspire you for the challenge. I really hope that you will go over join in all the fun

I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments