Cool Beans Luka - La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Happy Monday! Today it is going to be fun getting our coffee fix with this cute young man Cool Beans Luka from La-La Land Crafts. I know we all need some masculine cards right about now. We have fathers day coming up and I know of a few birthday cards I could use this little fellow on.

I actually modeled Cool Beans Luka after my husband. His younger days before I gave him all his grey hair that is haha! He still has that black beanie, his black Northface jacket, and of course, the jeans he always wears. With him being from Seattle, he is a Starbucks junkie... so yes he even has that coffee in his hands haha!



I loved doing his jeans! I love the way Irina draws the clothing for her stamps. She makes it where it isn't completely obvious where wrinkles and things should go but, you can still see it if you really want to put it. I love it! I did take a bit of jean material with some Copic Blender Color but yeah... the jean material didn't work that well. But at least it still came out looking good.



The stencils that I used are the Funky Square Layering Stencils. They are so much fun! I love that you can make the squares or the pattern look as big or small as you like or you don't have to use them together at all if you don't want to. I used the stencils not only for the sponged background but also to emboss with them as well.



I also used the one piece for the sentiment that comes with Cool Beans Luka that says Thanks A Latte. He also comes with a sentiment that says Cool Beans, but I just wanted to use this one. I cut the sentiment out using one of the die cuts that is part of the Curved Pocket die cut.



This is supposed to be a masculine card, so the last thing I did was added a few sequins. No, not the normal shiny girly sequins. I actually had some mat black sequins that made me think I would never use them except for Halloween. Well my hubby and I love black and non-shiny would be manly would it not?

The Copic markers I used are:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20
Hair: E49, 47, 44
Hat & Jacket: C3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Jeans: B91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Shoes:E41, 43, 44, 33, 55
Coffee Sleeve: E30, 31, 33
Coffee Cup: T0, 2, 3
Shirt: YG91, 93, 95, 97

My supply list is at the bottom... and where I get my Copic markers is in my sidebar :)

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well. Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments