Toucan Do It Gift Card Holder Time For Tea

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! I have a fun uplifting card for you today using the new release Toucan Do This stamp set from Time For Tea. This new stamp set is so cute! I had a great time coloring it.

I cut all the layers of the card and decided to use the large leaf all over the Kraft cardstock instead of using patterned paper. I think I am just getting used to the idea of using other stamps in stamp sets or background stamps for background paper these days. I am sure Stephen will be happy about that since he is always giving me a hard time about my obsession with patterned paper haha!



I also colored the top layer of the Curved Pocket die cut. I trimmed down the top layer to put on the green cardstock. I also used the Nested Frames Large die cuts for the two layers under the pocket. Now the green frame layer, I had to cut in half then moved it out a little to have it layered like that. I am sure if I had the Nested Frames Small die cuts it would fit perfectly but I don't have those just yet.



The small little hearts on the card are all from the matching Toucan Do This die cut set. They are so cute!! They go through 2 layers of cardstock with no issues at all, it's fantastic! I even used the smallest heart of them all to use as the "O" in do.



The last part I did was to color the sweet little toucan. While I was coloring him, I looked up what toucans look like. The only reference I have ever really had was the movie Rio and Toucan Sam from Fruit Loops haha!

Although, I almost wish I had not looked. I cried (yes I get emotional when it comes to animals, I am one of those people) when I saw a photo of a Toucan with his upper beak broken. I read the article, another bad choice, and found out how they are abused in Costa Rica and there are no laws protecting them. It is all really very sad. This story really made me love this stamp set even more.



I colored this little toucan the same color as the one I saw in the article. I hope you like him.

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • Toucan: C5, 7, 8, Y15, 18, 19, YR02, 04, YG00, 01, 03

  • Leaves: YG91, 93, 95, 97

  • Leaves on the branch: G21, 24, 28

  • Branch: E13, 15, 33



Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Time For Tea Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Time For Tea please feel free to share them with everyone on the Time For Tea Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments