The Cat's Pajamas May Release & Blog Hop!

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Today is a super fun day! Yes... it is not Friday but still super fun and you won't want to miss out on any of it!  If you are coming from Nancy's wonderful blog, then you have already had a taste for what is in store for you!

Welcome to my blog! This is so much fun that I am excited to be a part of this super fun blog hop!



The card I made for the blog hop I used two different stamp sets and was inspired by a friend of mine. She had a very rough week and so I wanted to send her something special and important from my heart to let her know I was thinking of her. I used the Henna Tattoo and the Scripted Sentiments to make this beautiful card.



I loved working with these stamp sets though. They are so beautiful! It was really hard to decide if I wanted to just emboss resist or if I wanted to stamp them out and color. I guess you can see which way I went.



I did take step by step photos of how I made this card for you. So instead of telling you about the card. I will tell you how and what I used to make it. I thought that would be a bit fun since I seem to be on a roll with tutorials this week already.




    • I started out with white cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded in half for the card base

    • I have one layer under the main layer that is greenish blue which is 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

    • The top layer of cardstock is white cut at 4" x 5 1/4"








































I started out with the top layer of white cardstock and used my embossing pillow to rub everywhere to make sure the embossing powder stayed where it was supposed to.
after positioning the flower stamp from the New Release Henna Tattoo stamp set, I inked it using a versamark pad.

I always stamp twice on everything just to make sure I get the nooks and crannies of the stamp


I used some clear embossing powder on the image. I made sure it was fully covered.

I then heated it with my heat tool to set it.

I did this several times to get each place I wanted to be covered by an image on the paper until I was satisfied.


I like to get all my embossing done all at once that way I only make that kind of mess once.

I cut a piece of vellum cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and did the same thing as above. Only this time I used different embossing powder and used the New Release Scripted Sentiments stamp set

After I put the powder on I heat set the Hello from the stamp set.  and set it aside.




Wow I really didn't realize how messy this card was going to be for me today haha!

I used Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink to ink over the entire piece of white cardstock with the images from the New Release Henna Tattoo stamp set I embossed on it.

When I was finished I used a paper towel to wipe off any excess ink and to get it off of the embossed bits.

 


I did this a couple of extra times with Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks as well.

Just the same process sponge or brush on and then wipe off the extras.
I used the LARGEST circle die cut I have ever had or seen in my whole life to cut the vellum cardstock.

 


Now vellum I realize is not the easiest thing to put down. If you have a better way of doing it than this! I am allll ears! I have vellum tape as well but what is the point of that if you can still see it through the vellum?

I already knew I was going to be using either dew drops or sequins on this card so I placed glue dots where I knew the ones would be on top of the vellum and placed it down.

When that was done... I simply used glue dots to place the dew drops over those same spots.


I also colored a little bit on the card to give it some extra colors besides blues and greens.



The Copic markers I used are:


  • Y15, V04, 05, RV02



Granted the colors look a bit different with them going over the top of the Distress Oxide inks, but they still look pretty.

If you lose your place be sure to go over to visit The Cat's Pajamas Blog and Facebook pageThere is always wonderful inspiration from the team!

Your next stop on this hop will be over to Deborah's beautiful blog - wait till you see what she made it is so gorgeous!!

I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. It looks like you had fun with this one. I am distress oxide impaired but I loving seeing how others use it. Beautiful card and I know your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your addition of glitter was a nice idea. The Caribbean colors you used are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Such a fresh and lovely card. Thank you so much for showing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! I love the HELLO in glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! I love that sparkle and the color is just divine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colors and I like the vellum and the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!