Fishing For Fathers Day Rubbernecker Stamps

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Fathers Day is coming up fast! Rubbernecker Stamps Fishing #2 stamp set is great for the man in your life that likes to go fishing. I actually made this card for Fathers day last year, but we were in the middle of moving and unpacking so I didn't post it. Yes, I know bad...

My husband isn't into fishing. I know he used to go, and my son and daughter like fishing. I would go fishing with my parents when I was younger, but I always found it boring. My dad would always get mad if I talked, said I was going to scare off the fish. I got a lot of reading done, that is for sure! haha!



There wasn't a fathers day sentiment in the two stamp sets that I used. I just went with the sentiment that would make the most sense, since I wanted to "keep it in the stamp set" so to say haha!

When I gave the card to my hubby we did change it to "We fell for you hook line and sinker" instead of the I. It was easy enough to change that I into a W and put an E at the end. It made it kind of fun.



I had a good time coloring these fishing items for the card. I looked at a couple of photos online of fishermen and of salmon, to get the colors right. I cut everything out using the matching die cuts to each of the stamp sets.



I also used the Nested Circle w/Small Stitch die cut for the circle behind. The green paper behind the circle I crimped with my paper crimper, then tied the twine around 3 times before adhering to the card.

I think the only things I really used 3D foam squares for was the fish and the circle. I wanted just a couple of items to stand out.

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • Fishing Jacket: E81, 84, 87, 89

  • Fish: R11, 12, 14, 02, YG93, 95, 97, 99

  • Fishing Pole: E23, YG95



I really hope you enjoyed my post with the fathers day card today. I enjoyed this card and making this post :) If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page, the new Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group on Facebook or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments