Only Jesus & Coffee For Cocoa Sweet & Sassy Stamps

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Happy Friday! This Friday is a special Friday because tomorrow is, my son, Stephen's 13th birthday. Guess what are a few things he likes besides the typical Legos and video games? Coffee, Jesus and he really likes Cocoa, so this card will be perfect for him.

I think my whole family has enjoyed my time being a guest designer for Sweet & Sassy stamps. Meadow has already started out a wish list of stamps she would like to have besides every Cocoa stamp on the planet haha!

This week I have used a couple of different stamp sets to get the look that I wanted for this cute little Cocoa card.



The first I used, of course, was the sweet little Cocoa's Cups, I can't get enough of this set. I could hardly decide which one to use. I still have 2 more cups to make and one of them is going to be fantastic for a Christmas card! I can't even start to make that one. I used Cocoa about 5 years ago for my Christmas cards as well.



The other stamp set I used was Jesus & Coffee. Let me tell ya...FANTASTIC set! I did try to stamp it with my white ink... and let's just face it white ink just isn't what it used to be. I am kind of sad. Thank goodness that this set has such a great font that I was able to trace over it with a .8 white gel pen.  You can kind of see where I messed up a little on some of the letters but I still think it came out okay.



I cut out the sentiment with a 1" scallop circle punch that I have had for... well only the Lord would know because I have had it that long. haha! I wanted it to look like the Starbucks colors without getting in trouble since my hubby and kids are from Washington.. anything coffee Starbucks is their go to.



I also used my paper crimper to crimp the brown kraft paper to make it look like one of the sleeves that go around your coffee. I think that was Stephen and Meadows "aww" moments when they saw the card. First, they saw the Jesus and Coffee sentiment, then they saw the little coffee sleeve.





I also used a couple of die cuts and another embossing folder for the blue cardstock background behind Cocoa. I did do the same thing I did in last weeks card with popping little Cocoa's head up above the coffee sleeve.



I have a few different textures that I used with this card which I love to do! I love how the blue background patterned paper and the green polka dots were bright and pretty but were also able to lift up little Cocoa and make him the highlight of the card.





A couple of last things I did to the card was to add a little touch of ribbon. I don't like it when the seams of paper when laid out like that just look unfinished. I also put the little enamel dots of blue and green in the corners of the card. The, of course, I had to add some Sweetheart Blossom Flowers.





The Copic markers I used are:




  • Cocoa: W0, 1,3,5, R00, 01, 02

  • Lacy Cover: YG0000, 00, 01, 03

  • Cup and Lid: T0, 2, blender



I really hope you enjoyed my post today, because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

If you like the Sweet & Sassy Stamps you can find them on Instagram , on their Facebook Page and Facebook VIP group for fans. I hope if you make anything with their stamps you will feel free to share with them.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, YouTube and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments