Hippos In Paradise Lala Land Crafts New Release


Hey all! Happy Monday! You know, my kids always dread Monday. I try my best to tell them that it doesn't matter what day of the week is the first day. Even if the week started on Tuesday then they wouldn't like Tuesday as much. Although, starting out the week with a good cup of coffee and a fun card from the Lala Land Crafts new release will put a little pep in your step!

Today I am happy to show you Hippos In Paradise. I am sure you have seen all the fantastic inspiration around social media. But this one was inspired by my husband's swim trunks, our backyard tiki lights, and our recent move. How is that for some inspiration around the house haha!



I really love playing with these cute little hippos. I did actually color the other two hippos that are in the set. I just decided that I would only use these two. My husband and I have always wanted to take a trip just the two of us, but life happens. So when I used the sentiment "Another Day In Paradise" any day is paradise when I am with him. So I think I am going to save this card for our Anniversary this year. Yes, I can say that he never looks at my blog haha! 



I just cut the flag with scissors and then used a ruler and pencil to make the flag part. It doesn't matter how many times I use a punch for that part, it is always off-center and drives me to bonkers town. I also colored the swim trunks exactly like my husband's swim trunks... all the way down to the hibiscus on his shorts haha!




We have tiki lights that we put in the backyard during the summer. However, I am not sure they made the trip from California to North Carolina, I have yet to see them. But the kids and I were also watching some Scooby Doo so that also made me think of the big fire pits and tiki lights in Hawaii. The Two Candle die cuts actually made me think of the tiki lights because of the fun markings that are die-cut into them. Plus, I don't really have any fancy candles like that haha! I just cut out extra flames to make them look more like fire pits.



For the drink, I am really surprised in myself, I actually remembered that I wanted to use glossy accents on it to make it look like a drink was in the glass. I didn't want the glossy accents to just go everywhere, so I used a sewing needle to spread it over the cup where I needed it.




I love this Sea Turtle die cut! it is so cute! To make it look the way I did I just set my Crossover II on the 2 setting and ran through 2 pieces of paper on each other. I put the light green on the top of the darker green one. Then I very VERY slowly took the main light green turtle off of the top leaving it's spots behind. I didn't even glue them on they just stayed that way. Although, from the photo, it looks like I will need to glue one down, and another got lost in the moving from upstairs in my office to downstairs where I take my photos.



One of the other things I did to the card because you know how I have to have my texture, is I embossed the paper with the Hibiscus Border die cut. Yes, you heard that correctly. I cut out about 9 of the Hibiscus Border die cuts and laid them on top of the white cardstock. Then I ran them all through my Crossover II on the 5 setting to emboss the paper. I love the texture that it left behind. You can also see it in the turtle photo above.

Oh, one last thing I did was to add the little dew drops to the card for a little something extra.

The Copic markers I used were (you may want to sit down):

Girl Hippo:
Skin: W2, 3, 4, 5, E93
Skirt, flowers, shoes, and drink umbrella: RV000, 02, 06
Straw Y11
Drink: YR65, Y11
Coconut bra: E72, 31, 47, 57, 49

Boy Hippo:
Skin: W2, 3, 4, 5
Shorts: B21, 23, 24, , 26, Y11, 13, 15
Pooka Shells: E40, 41, 42, 31

Beach: E31, 33, 34, 57
Ocean: B18, 16, BG11, 13, 15
Sunset: YR65, 68, Y15, 13
Tiki Lights: E31, 34, 37, W2, 3, 4
Flames: Y13, YR65, R24
Hibiscus flower: RV000, 02, 06

Other: White Gel Pen .05
Amsterdam Titanium White acrylic ink

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!








Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




Comments