Hippo ~ Rubbernecker Stamps

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey All! Today I am bringing some birthday card inspiration to you. My step dad always had his birthday on or right around Thanksgiving. I always felt that his birthday was forgotten about because of it. It always gets me thinking that obviously he is not the only one that has a birthday around this time... so why not do a birthday card today for a nice smile. And Happy Birthday to all those who have birthdays!



I decided I wanted to use the Hippo stamp set from Rubbernecker Stamps. It is a super cute set and can be used for most anyone - yes even men. Although my card is not really man"ish" I went more girly because that is what I was in the mood for.



I have also been having fun with the Ken Oliver's Color Bursts. I am not good at putting them on the stamps as Rob, Dave, and Pat do at all the Scrapbook Expo booths, so I just use my paint tray and use them for backgrounds or to just paint the color bursts in after I have stamped something. If I try to do it the way the experts do then I always come out with mud... its just bad BAD!!



I used both the Caribbean Brights and the Liquid Metal Precious Alloys. I like the Metal Precious Alloys because if you can tell from the photo above they give off a nice little sparkle and shine, that make them extra fun!

I used a heat gun to dry it a bit faster - plus it helps the colors stay right were you want them and the paper not to buckle up on you. However, just a side note - this paper is AMAZING!! It is not like the regular watercolor paper that you get at the craft stores. You really have to try it out for yourself it is fantastic! I use it on other projects besides my Rubbernecker ones because it is just that good!



But after that dried up, I stamped the sentiment on the paper, and ran it through with my new AWESOME and AMAZING Crossover II - you haven't heard of this machine??? WHAT?? you have got to check it out! it is amazing! It has completely replaced my Big Shot because I no longer have to use a shim for ANYTHING and so much goes through this machine! The pressure bar is adjustable! Its amazing! I love it!

I keep getting side tracked in this post don't I? haha!! Squirrel!! haha!

The gift and the balloons were extra fun to color. I decided to color them as if the paper was striped and the balloons were a little translucent. I love doing different types of patterns on images like that.

The last thing I did was added some fun sequins that I got off Amazon. It was a fun, simple, fast little card to make - but it is oh so cute, if I do say so myself haha!

The Copic markers I used are:


  • C1, 3, 5, 7

  • B000, 01

  • RV10, 21

  • R24

  • BV00, 02



Oh and I almost forgot to tell you! Rubbernecker Stamps is having their Black Friday sale starting today! I believe it goes all the way through Monday night or Tuesday! If you click the photo below it will take you directly to the items that are on sale :)



I hope you enjoyed my post today. If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page , the new Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group on Facebook or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!



Until next time friends!!!





Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments