Can I Keep Them All? - Aurora Wings Challenge

Hey all! I am getting into the holiday spirit a little early this year with all the Christmas cards I have been making. No, the Christmas decorations have not gone up yet, but I can tell my kids are itchin to put them up. Today I am going to share with you a super cute little stamp. I have colored her before, but I did her in all sepia making her look vintage, and kind of like she was from children of the corn haha! I decided that I wanted to color her up in Christmas colors this time.

I thought the digital stamp "Can I have them all"  would also be perfect for the new challenge over at the Aurora Wings blog called Holiday Spirit. With her pretty dress and her sweet little kittens, I thought they would look beautiful.



The background stamp I thought would go really well with her as well. It is a very and I mean VERY old Stampin' Up! stamp that I have had forever. I know it is long retired by now, but there are things you just hang on to, ya know?



The little squiggle lines on the red cardstock and the white cardstock (that I sponged some tea stain ink on) was all done by hand... you can tell because it isn't perfect.. but I like it that way. When things are not perfect you can tell that it is handmade and from the heart. That you took the time to make something with your own hands instead of just grabbing a card off the rack.



I am really excited that I have started to remember to use my white gel pen to make the cute little highlights on the images. I have just started leaving it out on my desk in front of me so I don't forget haha! I just love how the white pen really brings things out and the way it looks.

The last touch that I put on the card was the ribbon. I love ribbon and I love layers!! I have a really hard time doing a card that doesn't have these items unless I put some flowers on it.

Here are the Copic markers I used:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20, BV20

  • Green: E81, YG91, 93, 95, 99

  • Red: R24, 27, 29, 46, 59

  • Cats: E50, 51, 53

  • Hair: E41, 42, 43, 44, 47

  • Shoes: E21, 23, 25, 27



Pretty easy list this time :)

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


Comments

  1. Adorable card. Love your coloring... as always.... and your layout. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how precious, Cristena! I love this image and she's especially cute in the Christmas colors. To be honest, I thought those squiggles were die cuts, amazingly uniform and they really add to the design. The whole creation gives off a vintage vibe that I totally love. Gorgeous work, Chickie! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card featuring this so cute image. Love the colour palette used and wonderful design and layout detail.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Cristena! This is one of my favorite images and you've done such a gorgeous coloring on her and her kitties. Your eye for color combination is wonderful here, and your coloring makes it magical! Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration for today's new challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!!Your coloring talent is beyond amazing!! Love the new blog look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet Donna! The squiggles look completely off to me haha! But I am so happy that you like them :) you are always so nice, thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Mitzi! I am always super happy and it makes my day when I can make something with an image, that the artist loves. That is always one of my goals when I am creating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!