Back To School Madness - The Paper Shelter


Hey all! It is that back-to-school time for my kids. Granted back to school is a little bit different for them than it is for most kids since they are homeschooled. However, my son still .... well is there a worse word than detest? Whatever that word is... that is exactly how my son feels about school. I keep trying to encourage him. I try to make everything as fun as I can.. but how fun can math be? I mean really... fun math? I did not like math until I was out of school and realized "Oh when I am not forced to do this... it is fun" I am hoping that he will come to the same conclusions later in life and all this fight will be worth it. Either way, I still think it will be worth it to homeschool them.


I found this super cute digital stamp "Back To School Madness" from The Paper Shelter. The stamp made me think of my son right away trying to escape from a backpack haha! Especially the look on the little boy's face looking back at the school supplies.



I knew that I wanted to put texture on this and make it with some back-to-school paper that i have been hoarding onto for the longest time. I think I have actually had the yellow with green stripes paper from a scrapbook kit from Stampin' Up! since my kids were just born haha!! That is 12 years... yes I think it is time to start using up that paper.


The corrugated paper I got from Hobby Lobby a few years ago. Sorry, I can't find it online to give you a link to it. I probably searched a good hour looking for it everywhere.  But the rest of it you can see that it has layers that I just love! The orange school paper directly under the back-to-school stamp is also from the Stampin' Up! scrapbook kit. sorry I know that doesn't help you much either. But when you have the perfect paper you have to hang on to even the scraps.



One thing I really like about getting The Paper Shelter digital stamps is it comes with a colored one as well if you don't want to color it and just want something quick. It even comes with the patterned paper as well. I love how they put so much passion and thought into all the images that they create. I love that the images online are colored too. I really needed the help when I was coloring the backpack because I just wasn't sure what to do so that really made it a lot easier.

It is also fun to follow them on Instagram because you can see the creations as they are made. It really tends to get you excited for the next stamp set coming out.

Copic Markers I used are:
R17, 24, 27, 29, 35
Y02, 06, 08, 17
YG00, 01, 03
YR00, 02, 04
E000, 00, 11, 21, 04, 19, 31, 37, 39, 42, 43, 44, 71, 74, 77, 93, 95, 97, 99
B000, 00, 02, 04, 23, 24, 26, 28, 29, 91, 93, 95, 97, 99
N2, 3


If you do make anything from The Paper Shelter please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or The Paper Shelter Group or Facebook Page! Don't forget to go over to the challenge blog and participate in the challenges it is a lot of fun!

Until next time friends!!!








Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube


Comments

  1. Cristena this is a super card! I loved the connection you made to your son and his feelings about that evil backpack and what it represents! I homeschooled my 3 children through their Primary School years (Grades 1-7), so I know exactly what you mean - and how much effort and passion it takes to invest that much into your little one's life! Well done to you!!

    Love the papers you chose for this image and your perfect design! Thank you for sharing your passion with us at The Paper Shelter, and for using on of our images!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the amazing comment Linda! It is nice to have someone out there that understands the life of a homeschool mom haha! I now see that this week's theme is back to school so I will have to make a card for my girl now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!