Granger Owl - Rubbernecker Embossed Backgrounds Challenge #33

Today is the new start of a challenge over at Rubbernecker Stamps Blog.. I really like this challenge because you can make it as easy or as hard as you want to. For some reason I took the hard route haha!! The challenge is Embossed Backgrounds but I had to use one of the new Owl's from Rubbernecker Stamps Granger. This and all the other new owl's are so darn cute I just love them all. Yes, I did make cards with them all so you will be seeing more of them.

I know a couple of the other girls from the team did embossed background with an embossing folder, which you can totally do for this challenge as well. However to get the embossed background I wanted.... I decided to go the more tricky way.



I was going to try and do a video for you but all my stuff is packed getting ready for the move. So I will do my best to explain how I did it.

first I used my Misti and I set up all the different sentiments from the Rubbernecker Coffee Set and the Coffee Blanket set. I put them on my 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Neenah Solar White Card Stock. I arranged them in different places and then used Versamark Ink Pad to ink the sentiments. After they were placed on my paper, I went ahead and I embossed them with Glacier White Embossing Powder from Rubbernecker right away so they wouldn't lose the stick of the versamark.  I did this over and over all down the paper until it was finished.

[vsw id="F9fxwozp1l0" source="youtube" width="425" height="344" autoplay="no"]


 

I will have to do the video over... so sorry it came out small. I didn't realize my camera was set for such a small screen... oops! I will redo it tomorrow :)



After it was all embossed I went ahead and used the Memento Potters Clay Dew Drop to sponge over the top as an embossed resist.

I also cut out the letters to coffee using the Lower Case Alphabet w/ stitching another new die cut from Rubbernecker Stamps. It was a lot of fun to go over and make it two toned with the Memento dew drops Potters Clay and Espresso.



I had some really old (surprised they even worked still) White Smooch Spritz from Stampin Up. I put that over the top of the letters and the top of the embossed background as well.

The tag I used I just made myself. Granger is also just fussy cut out, but the dies are currently being made. Very excited for the owl dies to come! All these new owls are so cute!

The Copic Markers I used are:

  • E40, 42, 43, 44, 47

  • B00, 02, 05, 21, 23, 25


If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!