Coffee Time for New Stokes Owl - Rubbernecker Stamps

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hello All! I have only 5 more days until we move. It is getting down the wire and boy... these coffee cards with all the new owls from Rubbernecker stamps have been very inspiring... even if I have graduated to Red Bull now haha! Today I am sharing Stokes with you. The first time I heard his name I have to tell you... I thought of Stokes off CSI because I LOVE that show!! Yes, I still watch it all the time. So even though he was named for another movie, it will always make me think of Stokes from CSI haha!

I think I love the most about Stokes is his crazy eye haha!! My kids say that is me before a caffeinated drink. Honestly, though I am trying to get us ready and in the mood for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop that is going on starting tomorrow. Rubbernecker Stamps was asked to take part and be a sponsor in the blog hop so we are super excited and want to get your inspiration read to go.



The background was perfect for this card as well. I embossed the Coffee Bean Background from Rubbernecker Stamps on some Dark Roast Cardstock (perfect name for the cardstock for this card as well) I used some Rubbernecker Stamps Glacier White Embossing Powder over some versamark ink to get the embossing done. After I did the embossing I used the new Nested Rectangle Scalloped Die Cuts from Rubbernecker Stamps to cut it out . I wanted to give it a nice edge and some extra texture.

You can see that I also used Stampendous Frantage Embossing Powder the Vintage pack to put some white, gold and dark brown melted parts on the embossed Coffee Bean Background so that It would give even more of a texture. Can you tell I love my texture. I love this embossing powder because you actually heat it from underneath the paper instead of on the top of the paper. It is absolutely amazing!



 

 

I used the Coffee Time sentiment out of the Coffee Blanket Stamp Set also from Rubbernecker Stamps. I stamped it out on Whipped Cream Cardstock with some Early Espresso Ink (old ink pads that i have still work great!). Of course i had to use another die cut so I used the Nested Circle Small Stitch Die Cuts to cut it out and then sponged it with some more of the Early Espresso ink.



To make the ribbon behind the Coffee Time Sentiment I cut the paper down to the size I wanted and then used the Nested Square Die Cuts to get the flag part to look just the way I wanted it. I used to use just a good old 1" punch but I would always make it look off so I died it was easier to use the die cuts because then it came out just perfectly each time.

The Copic Markers that I used are:


  • E40, 42, 43, 44, 47, 93, 95, 97

  • RV10

  • R17, 24, 27, 29, 39, 46

  • YR15, 16, 18



If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!