Bleeding Heart Sprite For The New Aurora Wings Challenge

The Bleeding Heart Sprite from Aurora Wings I thought would be perfect for this little Valentine's card that I wanted to make. The new challenge over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog is "Anything Goes" for Challenge #63. So with needing a Valentine's day card for someone special and the challenge.. they both went together perfectly!

I don't know about all of you out there but I love an Anything Goes Challenge! I love other challenges to don't get me wrong, but with an Anything Goes Challenge you can let your imagination and creativity go wild if you want to. Then in the case of me... I make a Valentine's Day card haha! Maybe the next one I will go a little more crazy.

I really love the little Bleeding Heart Sprite. I love how it looks like she has pigtails as part of her little hat? hair? Then, the vine of bleeding hearts wraps around her like a ponytail.  I think it is completely cute! Makes me think of a sweet innocent little girl.



 

I put a bit of stitching... don't look to close this is the first time I have pulled out my sewing machine to do this since we moved to California, so about 4 years ago. The poor sewing machine was so dusty you would have thought that it had been sitting in an old abandoned house or something. Granted if I didn't dust every other day, living in the desert will do that to your house.  I placed a 3 3/4 x 5 bit of light pink card stock under the 5 1/4 x 4 piece of vellum cardstock. Not the vellum paper but the thicker cardstock kind, I like it better for my cards especially sentiments.



 

I used quite a few flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts along with a cute butterfly my sweet friend Tina sent to me from Renea Bouquets. I had a bit of a hard time placing my butterfly because I didn't want to cover up the pretty patterned paper (3 x 2 1/2) and my paper doily that I used. Thankfully for my good  friend Angela helped me via what seemed like a bazillion photos on messenger to get it just in the right spot. It is wonderful having amazing friends!

 



 

I actually wanted to use a lighter pink rose flower on the card so that it would be closer to the pink paper that I put in the background on the first layer under the vellum. However, wouldn't you guess that right when I need them I have every color but that one haha! Although, with this color of rose I am really happy that I had the darker more vintage kind of color.

 



 

I know that the pink, white and a bit of red doesn't completely match my little sweet bleeding heart sprite. But I wanted everything to go together without completely taking away from the sprite. I really wanted her to be the star of the show and make your eyes see the sprite very first thing while staying within the same color scheme.

The Copic Markers that I used are:

  • Bleeding Hearts: R17, 24, 27, 29, 39, RV10, 13, 23

  • Leafy Shirt: YG67, 63, 61

  • Lighter leaf color, pants: YG01, 13, 17

  • Skin: E000,00, 11,21, 04, BV20, R20


Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!



If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

Comments

  1. EEEK! This is so sweet and girly I just want to squeal! (and I guess I just did, LOL) Fabulous coloring on Bleeding Heart Sprite and your design is exquisite. Love the gorgeous layers and I did notice the fab stitching immediately, and zig zag, no less! I think that adds such an extra special touch. The floral spray is perfect and the butterfly so charming. Yes, I think you've found the perfect spot for it. This may be the sweetest Valentine of all time. Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally adorable... Love all the elements and your coloring is so fab. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. argghh superrr sweet card.. love red-pink combo.. and your design is beautiful..<3 love it Cristena.. <3 xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my new favorite from you, Cristena! I think you've outdone yourself with the coloring on this Bleeding Heart Sprite. Every detail is so beautifully executed! She looks fantastic in red and green. The shades of pale pink on the papers and the pretty roses really add the soft, gentle touch to the whole project. Your sewing machine sounds like mine - sees the light of day once in a blue moon. The zig zag stitching is a subtle yet wonderful detail! Thank you so much for this beautiful inspiration for today's post at AWCB. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, bright and beautiful! A stunning project!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hOur company offers weight loss products. Look at our health contributing website in case you want to feel healthier. Our company offers a wide variety of non prescription drugs. Visit our health site in case you want to strengthen your health with a help of health products. Our company offers supreme quality health and related products. Look at our health contributing website in case you want to strengthen your health. Our company provides a wide variety of non prescription products. Look at our health site in case you want to strengthen your health with a help of general health products. Our company provides a wide variety of non prescription products. Look at our health website in case you want to to feel healthier with a help generic supplements. Our company provides a wide variety of non prescription products. Visit our health website in case you want to to feel healthier with a help of general health products.
    Our company provides a wide variety of healthcare products. Take a look at our health contributing website in case you want to strengthen your health. Our company provides a wide variety of non prescription products. Take a look at our health website in case you want to look better with a help generic supplements. Our company offers health and related products. Visit our health contributing portal in case you want to feel better. Our site offers a wide variety of non prescription drugs. Look at our health site in case you want to look better with a help general health products. Our company provides safe healthcare products. Look at our health contributing site in case you want to feel healthier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!