NEW Holiday Sprites - Aurora Wings Showcase Release

Everyone loves it when there is a new release from Aurora Wings, or am I just speaking for me haha! Either way you are here and you are going to LOVE the holiday sprites I have to show you. I really don't know how she does it but Mitzi is always coming up with something even cuter or more beautiful than the time before.

You are going to have to hang on tight because I have a lot of photos and information on what I used for you. I am going to attempt to show you all three of these gorgeous and cute little sprites all in one post. Are you ready? Sitting down? Have your drink ready? I will wait if you don't... 

These little cuties are now available. So if you see one that you like I will have their names linked in the post. You can even go and see the rest of the team's creations as well because they are all out of this world amazing!! And, I am not just saying that... I mean it!

The first cutie that I have to show you is the Hot Cocoa Sprite! I just LOVE this little one! wait... I love them all can't lie about that... but I really like this one. Hot cocoa on a winter day is just PERFECT! If you didn't like hot cocoa my daughter would more than likely call you a sinner HAHA!



I did a lot of work on this little sprite. I probably could have printed him bigger because he is only at 3" but I really wanted him to fit into this sketch that I drew out before hand. Probably should have done that the other way around haha. However, I colored him with Copic markers, then I used the colorless blending solution and a hand towel to make the texture on his little suit. The marshmallows and the fur on his little suit is made with liquid snow. I love the ribbon I used for this card. I have been wanting to use it for years, but I feel you have to have just the right card to do that with. The little pompoms reminded me of the marshmallows, so perfect timing! I have also had that little cup and saucer charm for years! It is an old retired Stampin' Up! embellishment. Yes, it is that old and I have been hoarding it a very long time haha!

The Copic markers I used for Hot Cocoa Sprite are:

  • Fur Suit: E41, 42, 43, 44

  • Cup: BG000, 01

  • Mittens and shoes: W3, 5, E40

  • Hair: E55, 57, Y23

  • Cinnimon Sticks: E19 (they were a little small so I couldn't do much more)

  • Skin: E000, 00, 11, 21, R20, BV20

  • Other: Liquid Snow, Copic opaque white, Copic clear solution, hand towel, Copic black multi-liner .03


The next little sprite that is on the list is Snowflake Sprite. She is just beautiful! She reminded me of a snowflake that you would put on the top of a tree, so that is how I colored her.



I printed her out a bit bigger at 4", which made things much easier to color. But I also wanted the Snowflake Sprite to be the center piece of my card. I used a embossing folder from Sizzix for the card stock that is directly below her. Since she is a Snowflake Sprite I felt she needed lots of glitter and shine, hence the glitter paper. Plus things just seem more fun with glitter paper don't they? You can't really tell from the photos but I did put Wink of Stella Clear all over the Snowflake on her head and the tree branches. The tinsel ribbon was a lot of fun! I put it on this card and also my next one. My whole desk was a complete wreck after using it haha! I don't think I have ever had that much fun with garland or tinsel before.  I really love this little sprite she is just so beautiful! She will make some very amazing Christmas cards this year.... well all of them will really.

The Copic markers I used for Snowflake Sprite are:

  • Dress: BG70, 72, 75,78

  • Skin: E000, 00, 02, R20, BV20

  • Shoes: E42, 43, 44,

  • Snowflake: C2, 5,

  • Other: Wink of Stella clear, Copic multi-liner black .03, Copic opaque white.


Okay my last but so very not least card is .... ballet music please..... Sugar Plum Sprite. It was love at first sight for me. When I lived in S.C. I used to go see the Nutcracker. But since I love to watch it every year at Christmas in my office while I am making cards. It really gets me in the mood for the season. Besides watching The Grinch and The Year Without Santa haha! Yes, I really am just a kid at heart.



My inspiration for this card was The Nutcracker of course. But I love Nina Kaptsova. The way she moves is so beautiful, she makes it look so easy. If I tried doing that oh my... all that spinning I would be sick!! I would need a clean up crew! haha!

I know the card doesn't exactly match the way that I colored the Sugar Plum Sprite. My idea and inspiration behind it was to color Sugar Plum Sprite like Nina Kaptsova's costume. The card it self is supposed to represent the stage. The vintage red paper with the stockings, and the poinsettias , then the garland on the tree. The other paper is for the beautiful music that you hear from the orchestra playing telling the story right along with the majestic dancers.

The Copic markers I used for Sugar Plum Sprite are:

 

  • Skin: E000, 00, 02, R20, BV20

  • Dress: C1, 2, 3, BV000, 02, 04

  • Hair: E41, 42, 43, 44, 47

  • Other: Copic opaque white, Copic multi-liner black .03, Wink of Stella clear


I hope that you enjoyed all of my creations to show you all the beautiful and super cute new sprites over at Aurora Wings. I can't tell you enough what a joy it was to color all of them. One last thing before I finish up here. I would love for you to use this coupon and get them for yourself! Don't forget to use it! You really need all these sprites they are fun!



Okay, you wrote all that down right? Now... please be sure to check out the Aurora Wings showcase blog, you can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

 

Comments

  1. OMG, Cristena! THREE absolutely beauties! Can't pick a fave. You can see all the care in your coloring and details. Fabulous designs. Love, love, LOVE them ALL! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all stunning sweetie... Just love your layouts and coloring. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three, Cristena. The coloring is stunning on all three, and I love the muted colors on the DPs that really complement your colored images, as well as giving your cards that lovely old-fashioned Christmas feel. I love the liquid snow on the fur trim of the Hot Cocoa Sprite, and the technique to create the texture on his bear suit is so cool. Thank you so much for joining the new release showcase at AW today with these gorgeous inspirations. Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!