Aurora Wings Anything Goes Challenge

We have a new challenge over at the Aurora Wings Challenge blog, and I am excited! This challenge is all about .... whatever you want because the theme is "Anything Goes".

I decided to have some fun with this challenge. Stephen has been non-stop talking my ear off about submarines and the heat of the ocean rising. So that is where I got the idea for trying to make this card look like the inside of a ship's porthole, or the inside of a submarine looking out into the ocean.



I used the stamp Sea Turtle Kiss Full Version from Aurora Wings. There are two different versions of this stamp. There is Sea Turtle kiss if you don't want the other three turtles swimming around the little mermaid, and then this one. I love them both. But then again, I love all of the Aurora Wings mermaids.

 



 

This was also the first time I have ever used Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I had a GREAT time! I was so messy! These are also the inks that you can put water on for a great water effect on the ink, which is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted it to look like water in the shaker card. Although, I stink at getting a good background ink like this. So I printed the stamp out twice. One I did the distress ink on for the background. Then after I colored the other one with Copic Markers I fussy cut the whole thing out and placed it where the other printed one was so I could stay true to the image placement.

 



 

The silver is actually paint on white card stock. I could have just used silver paper, but I wanted it to have that brushed silver/steel color like a real submarine. That is also why I added the textured background. I know it is not what a sub looks like inside... but it was the closest thing I had. I then cut out 1/2 black circles and 1/4 silver circles to hopefully look like the bolts/rivets that go in to hold a porthole in.

I had a great time with this challenge and coloring the little sea turtle kiss and mermaid.

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

 

Save

Comments

  1. EEEK! What an adorable shaker and you've totally captured the porthole view. Fabulous inspiration from Stephen and one of the sweetest images ever. The background looks amazing and I agree it's really hard to do with an image in the middle. That is fussy cutting perfection, Chickie. Never guessed. I'm totally blown away. She looks gorgeous and I love the detail you've put into her tail and the little turtle shells. Also love the background embossing and brushed look of your metal. This is one brilliant make! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children are such great inspiration, aren't they? I can think of so many times when my own child gave me the inspiration (and courage) to do so many things. This submarine porthole shaker card is such a brilliant idea, Cristena! I love it when people develop a story from an image with their artistic projects like you have done here. Thank you so much for this stunning inspiration for our latest Anything Goes challenge at Aurora Wings today! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out amazing sweetie. Love your ideea of a porthole. Thank godness that you have such grreat kids that gives you theese amazing ideas... and btw... your coloring is divine. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect design for this little cutie, beautifully done x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!