Birthday Invite with Beach Puppies - New Aurora Wings Challenge

We are going to start this wonderful summer morning off with a cute birthday invite! It is the first Monday of the month, so you know what that means.. yes! It is a new Aurora Wings Challenge! The challenge theme for this month is Celebrate! You can celebrate anything you like.

I decided to take this chance to use Aurora Wings Beach Puppies. I adore this digital stamp! It is just so cute and it has some of my favorite types of dogs in them. Granted I am not sure if the one is supposed to be a Yorkie or not. But, any dog with hair like that, it is pretty much a given I will make it a Yorkie, it doesn't really stand a chance, haha!





This was actually supposed to be a birthday card, but my daughter saw me coloring it and decided that she wanted Beach Puppies for her birthday invites. Her birthday is at the end of this month. She is having a pool/outdoor movie night for her party with 2 of her little friends. So 3 little dogs on the blanket is perfect to represent her and her friends.

She is having some other little kids over earlier in the day (boys ew as she would say haha) for her brother to play with as a compromise for his "pain and suffering". So I will be making 7 of these total. I think I will be making them all kinds of different colors. I had a great time coloring these little guys and there are so many different ways you can do it.

I didn't have a hibiscus flower to put on the invite as I would have loved to have. But I do have lots of others so I took one of my larger flowers and just smashed it haha! I still think it looks okay.. what do you think?



When putting everything together I found this great ribbon my friend Angela sent to me that I thought was just twine but it ended up being like a burlap ribbon. It is fantastic! It was exactly what I felt I needed on the card, and wanted for that matter! I was thinking I was going to have to cut some of my burlap really carefully but instead I had this ribbon. Thanks Angela if you see this :)



I actually didn't use to many different colors of Copic markers on this. I am very proud of myself!



Well this is all for now, I will have more in a couple of days! I have some special spriteprizes that are going to knock your socks off! So be sure to come back! Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it! Don't forget to join in the challenge HERE. You know you want some of those fantastic prizes that Mitzi gives away!!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

 

Save

Comments

  1. Oh WOW, Cristena! You're going to make & of these!?! Too bad you didn't scan your fab coloring, but it's such an adorable image, who wouldn't want to color it again and again? What a labor of love for your sweet Meadow. Of course she deserves it. Love, love, LOVE your bright tropical colors and that little guy is the perfect Yorkie. That burlap ribbon ROCKS and your "smashed" flower is a perfect stand in for the missing hibiscus! The kids are going to be over the moon with this adorable invitation. Can I come? xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann-Marie JohanssonJune 5, 2017 at 3:02 AM

    This is just out of the world.... those furs..... just love it. Your layout is stunning to hun. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Donna :) Yes, I am going to be making quite a few. But I really enjoy coloring these for Meadow, and I only do this once (maybe twice) a year for her and her brother. I love making invites for them. I actually didn't even think of scanning them! Great idea! I may have to think of that next time. I actually think the mom's like the invites more than the kids do haha! And of course you can come! Always welcome at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ann-Marie :) I am always a bit nervous about my fur coloring, so thanks for the confidence boost! Your words of kindness always make my heart sing. Thank you friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors on this with the natural fur of these puppies that you colored so beautifully, Cristena! The bold tropical flower paper, the burlap ribbon, and the smashed flower (Didn't realize that until I read that part.) all look great for a wonderful invitation for a fun-in-the-sun party. I think it'll be fun to make 6 more in all different colors, actually. You're such an awesome mom! Thank you so much for this festive inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you summer colours and wow colouring so many, just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argghhh super cute invitation... love the colours and your cute design .. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!