Day 11 - Tags as a Gift The Cat's Pajamas 12 Days of Crafting


Hey all! Happy Monday! We are having a FANTASTIC time over at The Cat's Pajamas Blog with the 12 days of Crafting! You really need to join us! There are so many WONDERFUL creations over there for some last minute things to make for Christmas. 


Today is day 11 and it is my day to share some gift tags as a gift! I couldn't decide which NEW RELEASE Christmas stamps I wanted to use so I used a couple! I made this box first with some of my favorite Christmas colors even though Gold is not my favorite I do like it for Christmas.... plus I kinda wanted to show my friend Erin I am not lost to her that I do use it, because she loves it hahaha!! Bit of a fun joke for friends. Even this ribbon on the top of the box has little gold flakes in it.


I used the sentiment from the Tree Cup Gnome Digital Stamp on the top of the gift box. I created the box myself. The top part of the box is only 8.5 x 8.5 and scored on each side at 1.5. The box itself measures 5 x 5 x 2. I covered it on some layers of cardstock and pattern paper. The first layer of gold is 4 3/4 x 4 3/4, Layer 2 pattern paper is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2,  layer 3 red cardstock is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 with the last layer being 4 1/8 x 4 1/8. 

 

 

When you open the box you will find 8 of my favorite style of gift tag, along with some extra 1/4" in. ribbon, although you can't see the ribbon in this photo. I used the Tree Cup Gnome and the Gingerbread Latte Gnome Digital Stamps for the tags. There are 4 of each for a total of 8 tags. 



These little guys are so fun and so easy to color. They are a lot darker colored a bit... not so florescent but it is so dark here today I had to do what I could for photo editing so I would have nice photos for you. 

Here are some better close up photos for you






As you can see the tags in these photos have no ribbon in the tops of them. I did this on purpose. First they fit better in the box this way and I could stay with an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock for the box instead of having to find a bigger sheet of cardstock. I don't normally have 12 x 12 cardstock on hand. The other reason is that I thought the person I give them to could choose how they wanted the tags. They could either just tape them on the gift they are giving, or they could use a longer bit of ribbon to tie them on, letting them get a little creative! I put the extra ribbon in the box, and then the ribbon on top of the box doesn't go to waste as they can use that as well. 



COPIC COLORS: 

Reds: R05, 17, 29
Blues: B000, 00, 01, 02
Greens: YG05, 07, 09, 11
Yellows: Y13, 11
Skin: E00, 11, 21
Beards: C2, 1, 0

Join me for my 2023 Spring Interactive Stamp Camp 2 kits left!


Did you hear?? I am hosting a crafting retreat! Come join me!


Do you like my cards? Join me in the Card of the Month Club!




SUPPLIES:

 


I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :) Check The Cat’s Pajamas Blog to see what the other designers on the team did. You can also get updates and see inspiration on the Cats Pajamas Facebook page each day.


Until next time friends!!!








Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments