COPIC COLORING VIDEO: Birthday Swissies - C.C. Designs

 


Hey all!! Happy Friday!! I have a fun birthday card and Copic coloring video for you! I don't know about you but I am in serious need of some birthday cards and we are only a couple months into 2022. I can't even believe my son will be 16 in just a few days! While this card is not for him haha! I did want to use these cute, cute, CUTE Birthday Swissies Clear Stamp Set from C.C. Designs for a fun card. 

 

I actually used the mirror image/reverse stamping technique for the little Swissie holding the cupcakes. I wanted her body closest to the sentiment and center of the card. It just seemed more balanced to me that way.  You can find my video for the mirror image/reverse stamping technique on YouTube if you have not seen it yet. 


 

The sweet little Swissie on the other side of the sentiment I left original because she had elements on both sides so it didn't matter really how I stamped her. I actually colored some little flowers on her cake to add a bit of detail and fun to her cake. I was really half tempted to color her little dress like Charlie Brown because of the little chevron and I thought it would be fun and cute. However, I did already have a theme going with the BG family for the card.


 

I wanted to stack the word Happy and add a cut out birthday to it. But, looking at the sentiments of the stamp set, I thought the large Birthday would be super cute just stamped and fussy cut out. I stacked 6 of the Pool Party cardstock of the Happy and 2 of the Whisper White cardstock. By the time I was done gluing it all together it was so thick but super fun!



After that I will admit I was a little lost as to what I wanted to do. I KNEW I wanted to make a slimline card with this, but I didn't want to take any of the attention away from the girls or the sentiment. That is when I decided to make it a shaker card. I just did a small shaker bit behind using a slimline rectangle cut, but it did the job! 

 


My son is the one who actually picked out the little shaker bits, along with the background paper. I think he did a perfect job! The last thing he told me I needed to add was dew drops. It was so great making a card with him, as that is not his "thing" anymore.


COPIC COLORS:

Skin: E00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30⁠
Hair: E50, 51, 53, 55 & E21, 23, 25, 27
Pinks: RV00, 10, R81, 85
Blue: B000, 01, 02
BGs: BG23, 15, 11, 13, 18
Yellow: Y11, 13, 15, 19
Purple: BV00, 01, 02, 04
White: W0, 1


If you like my coloring join me on...

 
Copictopia on Patreon


SUPPLIES: 

COPIC COLORING VIDEO you were looking for is here! You can also find the Birthday Swissies Copic Coloring Video on my YouTube Channel. 



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Be sure to head over to the CC Designs blog to see even more inspiration. You can also find CC Designs on Facebook and Instagram.


Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

 

Comments