Happy Birthday Paper Shelter Blog Hop!

 

Hey all!! I hope you are well today! I am so excited today!! I want to welcome you to The Paper Shelter Blog Hop, in celebration of The Paper Shelter's 11th Birthday on the 8th of December!  This will be a two week challenge, with both teams taking part, and it's our way of thanking The Paper Shelter for sharing their wonderful images with us, and sponsoring our challenge.


 
The theme for this special challenge is:

CELEBRATIONS

If you've arrived here from Anet, then you're heading in the right direction!  If not, then you'll want to pop back to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog to start again, because you don't want to miss out on this one.  Both Design Teams are participating, showcasing the gorgeous images available from The Paper Shelter, and each blog on the hop is offering one lucky commenter a digi of their choice, as well as the main prize, details of which are on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
 

Today I am using the ever so cute Upside Down Digital Stamp for my birthday card. She completely reminds me of my daughter so I had to use this stamp for a card for her. I thought it would be perfect for this fantastic theme!
 

 I LOVE the fun playfulness of this stamp! You can't see it very much but I actually printed out two of the images I cut out the little girl from her knees down to her hair, to make her a little more dimensional on the card.

I also thought it was fun that I had a tree die that I could try to make it look as if the branch was being looked at through a telescope of some sort. 


Of course I had to add a fun little sun to go with the scene. The background is a cloud stencil a friend sent to me that I just LOVE. 


Of course I had to put the fun die cut sentiment on the card to complete it, along with some dew drops.

From here, you will need to hop on over to Julie O.  Don't forget to leave your comment for an opportunity to win your choice of one of the fabulous digis available in store!


Good Luck!  Hope you've enjoyed the Hop so far!

The Copic markers I used are:

Skin: E00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30, 29, 17, 05
Eyes: B00, 01, 02
Hair:E51, 53, 55, 57
Shirt: RV00, 10, R83, 85
Shorts: B91 93, 95, 97, 99
Shoes: T1, RV10, 00


Here are the supplies I used for the card: 





Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments

  1. Love this image. Especially her pastel pink shirt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waow, this is very nice how you did make the card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cristena! Every new detail adds to the WOW factor of this card! I love your layering and extra dimension. Your card must be even more fantastic in person, with all those layers adding to the scene. Your connection to your daughter warms my heart. It always adds a special touch to a card, when you feel a connection to the image, right? Love your sentiment placement! Well, I just love everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda :) I am really happy that you enjoyed the card so much. I really had a fun time with it.

      Delete
  4. What a most creative and fabulous card you've created, Cristena. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute! I love the layout and your color choices! Happy 11th birthday paper shelter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 11th Birthday!

    WOW - WONDERFUL card!
    LOVE your FUN image, PRETTY colouring and FABULOUS design, it makes me SMILE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am so happy it brought a smile to your face!

      Delete
  7. Oh, she is so cute. I love the layout that you used, Sarah W

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous Love what you did. Since deciding to get back to colouring and put up a new site in near future The Paper Shelter is my choice as so many here to do and so much inspiration on all your postings. TFS since nothing back up yet and no addy the only one for me is lilybugcards@execulink.com until enough ready to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am so happy that you have joined us and have gotten back to coloring. Coloring is so relaxing for me.

      Delete
  9. LOL love the image - Happy 11th - cute card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am happy you enjoyed my card.

      Delete
  10. Love this image! I don't think I've seen this one before. Super cute card with some really fun layering design. Wishing you a happy 11th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna it is such a fun image! I actually need to take a photo of my daughter in the same pose. Now that we have moved we have a LOT of trees on our property and she has been climbing in them since day 1! HAHA!

      Delete
  11. Love this! Great coloring, love the layers!! This turned out perfectly!! Great inspiration for the Birthday Blog Hop! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs, Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card Christena. I like the way you did the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THis card makes me smile. I love it.
    Hugs Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  14. A brilliant card! Adorable image, I think it's modelled on my granddaughter, so cheeky and fun- really love your clever design, the layerd die cut panels add so much interest and dimension and a great choice of die cuts.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris ❤ makes me think of my daughter... girls are so fun!

      Delete
  15. This looks amazing! First of all the layers are fabulous and so creative! Your colouring is gorgeous! What a fun blog hop this has been; I'm loving the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A super card. I can think of several young ladies that I could send this to

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card with a cool girls digi. Nicely done also with the tree and the sun.

    Hugs, Astrid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!