12 Days of Crafting with The Cats Pajamas - Advent Calendar


Hobby Lobby Advent Calendar

 

Hey all! Happy Friday! There’s no time for crafting like the Holidays and The Cat's Pajamas team is going to show you some GREAT ideas over the next 12 days! Not only that! But

there is going to be a challenge that you can join in EVERY DAY!! so can have LOADS of fun with us! 

 

12 Days


Today I am sharing with you a VERY fun advent calendar that I made. 

 

Hobby Lobby Advent Calendar



I have been waiting 3 years to do this so I can set it on my mantle for both my kids, yes I made 2.

I started out by cutting 2 x 2 squares from my new Echo Park Paper Pack called Holiday Christmas. The advent boxes I got from Hobby Lobby, but I know there is one on the silhouette design store if you don't have one. I think we should talk Alma into making one!

 

Hobby Lobby Advent Calendar


 
I thought maybe of using a punch or something to cut out where the little half-circle was. But I found that just laying it down and tracing it worked much better.

 

Hobby Lobby Advent Calendar

 

When I did cut them out I cut them out next to the line instead of on the line to make sure the paper fits nicely.

 


To decorate the outside I used the Puffy Numbers, Holiday Favor Boxes and Snowy Sayings Cutables. I cut all the numbers I needed and letters at 1 inch.

 

 

 The snowman from the Holiday Favor Boxes Cutable I cut at 1.5 inches. I wanted him to stand out just a bit more than the reindeer.

 


The reindeer was actually the first thing I cut along with the Puffy Numbers Cutables. He is cut at 1 inch and while I LOVE him no matter what size he is... I wish I would have made him just a smidge bigger.

 


 

I also added the HoHoHo from the Snowy Sayings Cutable. I cut the red cardstock out at 1 inch and the white cardstock at 1.5 inches.  The same goes for the FaLaLa sentiment as well.

 


 

You can probably see some of the snowflakes from the same Snowy Sayings Cutable in the photos as well. I had cut 5, but after putting so many other things on I didn't want to overwhelm the project and just place on 3 of the snowflakes.

 


 

The last thing I did was add this super FUN bow at the top that I made. I love making big fun bows like this!

 

 

 

To help you play along, get 25% off all our Digis Stamps and Cutable SVGS from November 26 thru December 25. And, our Digis Stamps and Cutable SVGS are immediately downloadable in your TCP account once you purchase them. Now, that’s instant gratification! So, play along with us during the 12 Days of Crafting Challenge.

 

Here is my supply list: 






I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this fun project and making this post :) Check The Cat’s Pajamas Blog to see what the other designers on the team did. You can also get updates and see inspiration on the Cats Pajamas Facebook page each day.

You can join the party here with all your creations!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Until next time friends!!!








Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments