Mad About Video Games The Paper Shelter For The Boys/Men Challenge #470

 

Hey all! Happy Wednesday! I am so excited today to be sharing with you the card I made for the new challenge over at The Paper Shelter blog. The theme for challenge #470 is For The Boys/Men. I know that we all need help now and again with masculine cards so this theme is perfect! The team has a lot of wonderful inspiration over at the blog as well. 

 

I decided to go with the cute little Mad About Video Games Digital Stamp because it made me think of my son, Stephen. He is currently at the age that if it doesn't have to do with video games he is NOT interested at all.

I love how crazy this little guys hair is like he is really getting excited and having fun. If Stephen was allowed I am sure he would stand on the chair like this when he was playing and excited about something haha!! Although he is getting a little to tall for that. 

This is the first time that I have used a silhouette cut out (don't even really know if that is what they are called) on one of my cards. I got a silhouette portrait from a very kind friend but later was able to purchase a new cameo and I have to say that I LOVE THEM! They are so much fun! This one you can find in the Silhouette Design Store called Video Game Controller Console & Electric Outlet.


 I also found this cute digital pattern paper on Etsy that worked perfectly! My son and daughter play Minecraft endlessly! I do not understand the fascination of it but, if they like it I am good with that since it is not a horrible game for their minds.  


I also added a fun stencil to dry emboss the orange paper in the background. I wanted to bring in more squares since the Minecraft world is nothing but squares, and tie in his shirt a little bit as well with a pop of bright color. 

The last things I decided to add were the brown Linked Squares Die and the dew drops.

The Copic markers I used are:
Skin: E00, 04, 11, 21
Hair: E23, 25, 27
Shirt: YR12, 15, 16, 18, B01, 05
Pants: B91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Chair: E50, 51, 53
Game Control: G21, 24, 28, C5





I hope you enjoyed my post today. There are a lot of lovely cards over on the challenge blog you really should go and look.  Find The Paper Shelter on Instagram here: @thepapershelter. There is also a group on Facebook called Friends Who Like The Paper Shelter that you can share them with as well.

Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments