You Lucky Duck Interactive Rain Tag - La-La Land Crafts


Hey all! It is an interactive week over at the La-La Land Crafts team blog. I wanted to use this cute ducky from the You Lucky Duck Clear Stamp Set to make a rain card. However, I have already done rain cards before and done the tutorials... so why not be different? So I decided to use the Large Tag Die to make a Rain Tag!!! Right! How fun!! 


I just love these little ducks from the You Lucky Duck Clear Stamp Set. They are just so darn cute. I love using this particular one for rain cards. 


I love his little rain boots as well. They are just so darn cute!! I had to put the mushrooms in there for Meadow since this tag is going to her. She was playing with my card, which gave me the inspiration since she was having so much fun with it... I figured it was hers. 


I was going to have the little duck standing on the stump to show off his rain boots... but it took up to much room and didn't show the little beads really for the rain part of the card. But I already colored it up, so might as well use it, right? 


I used the Double Stitched Squares Die for the cut out in the tag... the second largest to be exact. But I saved the extra bits and used the white tag (I actually doubled up the Hello Life Paper Pack piece with white cardstock tag as well) piece to cut out the clouds. I had a fun idea to use the edge of the leftover bit to make the stitches line up. 


The bow is on there with just hot glue. I actually tied the top ribbon bits with some twine, then glued the bow on. As an after thought I decided to put the sentiment on the ribbon as well. That is also hot glued onto the ribbon.

Now, To make the rain part - it was a lot less than the card. I used 20 beads per strand and had 12 strands. The paper I used to connect everything was 1/2 x 3 1/4 with 1/4 slots cut half way through. You will see what I am talking about on my tutorial over HERE. 

The Copic Colors I used are:
Duck: E41, 42, 43, 44, YR23, 24, 27, Y35
Rainboots: B000, 01, 02, G24
Grass & Leaf: YG23, 25, 21, G24, 28, W7
Mushrooms: R46, 27, 08, E41
Stump: E37, 35, 33, YG23, G24
Clouds: Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass

If you like the way I color and would like to learn from me, come join Copic Academy!




Here are the supplies I used for the card:

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments