Best Gnomies - La-La Land Crafts


Hey all! Happy Friday!! Today I am sharing a very funny story that was the inspiration for this cute card. I am using Best Gnomies Clear Stamp Set from La-La Land Crafts today.  I had a great time coloring this card in the Copic Academy live facebook class this last Tuesday. We all laughed and had a great time. 



I got all my dies together that I wanted to use and I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to make a nice garden scene with my little gnomes that I colored in the class... all 4 of them. 


We have here this fellow which I have dubbed as being named Marty... 


This fellow who Meadow says is called Lennard


Then you have Eddie.... 

And we can't forget about poor Chester... 


Do you see him there... in the daisies? It all started out fine... but then I realized I really did not like the shirt that I colored on him. Chester's shirt looked more like Christmas than spring. So .... most of the people in my Copic Academy group know this about me... I was just going to cut off his head and glue him onto another gnome body. UNTIL! I realized I had 2 gnomes with shovels and a gnome with a flower as Chester's head was just laying there in front of them... it either looked like a funeral or a gnome mafia hit hahaha maybe both! hahaha! I could NOT stop laughing!!! So I had Meadow cut me out some more of the Flower Bunches Die to make it look like he was "pushin up daisies"... and yes I am still laughing as I write this! 


With the "Oh gnome, you didn't" sentiment it all fit perfect... it was either meant for me that I made this crazy card. But, just maybe it was meant for Chester who is "pushin up daisies" for wearing a Christmas shirt during Spring hahahaha!!  Their faces look so innocent as if they are standing around saying "nothing to see here" hahaha! 


But all the funny craziness aside I am so HAPPY to be making Spring time cards again that I can used my Stitched Sun and Clouds Die. It is one of my favorites because even if it is raining outside... I still have the sun on my cards. 

OH! and if you are wondering who got this card? My hubby will be the receiver. I showed it to him the other day and he laughed. It is such a blessing to be married to someone who gets my dark/crazy sense of humor.

The Copic Colors I used are:
Skin: E00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30
Blonde Beard: E51, 53, 55, 25, 27
Brown Beard: E23, 25, 27, 19
Yellows: Y00, 02, 06, 08
Pinks: RV00, 10, 81
Greens: YG00, 01, 03
Polka Dots on Yellow Shirt: V22, B93
Stripes on Pink Shirt: YG03
Jeans: B91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Grass: G24, 28, 25, 21
Daisies: N0, 1, Y08
Dark Pink Hat in Daisies: RV55, 66, 63, 52

If you like the way I color and would like to learn from me, come join Copic Academy!




Here are the supplies I used for the card:

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments