VIDEO TUTORIAL: A2 Theater/Shaker Card




Hey all! Happy Friday! What a great way to end the week, start a new year by having a video tutorial! I am using La-La Land Crafts Rock On! Clear Stamp set for my Theater Fold Shaker card... wow! that is a lot of interaction for one card and it is so much fun!

This week the La-La Land Crafts design team has the challenge theme of Celebration or Birthday. I decided to go with Celebration for New Years. I made this one for my son who loves AC/DC I looked up a photo of the band so I could try and put little clothes on the hippos to really look like the band was on the stage of the theater card.  This photo shows the card closed...


and here is a photo of it open I just love it!



Isn't that fun!!!



Did I capture Angus Young's iconic red short pantsuit? I really wish I could have added his and Brian Johnson's riding caps as well. I didn't think about using oval dies until later though. Oh well, next time.


For Brian Johnson it was a little more difficult... I had to take the girl hippo which was the only one with a microphone... and try to make the ruffle on the shirt not look like one the best that I could. I know the shirt has a star on it... but hey I am working with a cute hippo set.. you do what you can do haha!


I absolutely LOVED putting clothes on all these little hippos. They are so cute in their little jeans. Can you see that shaker in the back? The star on the drummer's face is more KISS than AC/DC but... again workin' with what I got haha!

Now for the card that I made for my daughter. Her's is a little different more girl band with a bit of Jimmy Hendrix inspiration on the guitars. Here is the card closed...


and here is the card opened with all of them on stage. I used the little sax hippo on Meadow's card.


This was the first one that I did.. I actually colored the hippos during one of my Copic Academy classes and then finished the clothes and the instruments later. You may have already seen them on my Instagram account. I also made hers a shaker card as well with purple sequins instead of the red from Stephens.




Now you will find the video tutorial at the bottom of my post.

The Copic markers I used are:
AC/DC inspired card:
Hippos: C1, 2, 3, 4, 5, E42, 93
Hippos shirts& anything black: C5, 6, 9, 10
Microphone & Cymbals: N0, 1, 4, 5 R17, 29, 59, 89
Jeans: B91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Guitars: E95, 97, 99, C7, 6, 5, 4, N0, 1
Silver, Gold and White gel pens for accents

Girl band card:
Grey/black: C1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10
Blue: B00, 01, 02, 04, BG02
Pink: R81, 83 RV10, 00
Purple: BV11, 13, V20, 22, 25
Gold: YR23, 24, Y21, 23
Off white: E41, 40
Orange/Tan for Guitar: E97, 13
Brown for Guitar: E18

PAPER CUT & SCORE
White cardstock:
(2) 5 1/2 x 1/2
Scored @ 1/2 on each side
(2) 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Scored @ 1 3/8 & 2 3/4
(1) Largest La-La Land Craft Scalloped Rectangles Die
(1) 4 1/4 x 11 (1) 4 1/2 x 5 3/4

Black cardstock:
(1) 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
(1) 4 7/8 x 3 3/8

Pattern paper: LLLC Love You More
(2) 4 x 1 3/8
(2) 4 x 2 3/4

Glitter Paper:
(1) 5 1/2 x 4 1/4

Scraps for die-cutting



If you like the way I color and would like to learn from me, come join Copic Academy! 

 

Here are the supplies I used for the card:



Here is the video tutorial for the treat holder that you have been waiting for I hope you enjoy it!



 
I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


Comments

  1. WOW!! This is amazing!! Your talent is astounding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is one AMAZING card! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!