One More Chapter ~ La-La Land Crafts New Release


Hey all! It's Saturday and day 6 of the La-La Land Crafts New Release! Today I have for you the adorable critters from the One More Chapter Clear Stamp Set for you. I made a card with a pocket to hold a bookmark or two for your favorite reader.


It was a lot of fun to make the scene for this card. It looks like a lot of elements went into the card, but there really wasn't. For instance, the little shelf the mouse is sitting on. It is actually just 2 of the Bookshelf Die cut 2 times from Kraft cardstock and once from Vanilla cardstock. It is cut apart and the seam is hidden by the mouse.


The overhead lamp hanging from the shelf is the Table Lamp Die. I just cut the top lamp part off and placed it under the base of the lamp. I wanted the lamp to have a broader lampshade and the base worked perfectly.


The cushions you see with the rabbit is part of the Bookmark Die. I colored them with using the Just For You Background Stamp and some Distress Oxide Forest Moss Ink. It is so much fun taking dies and creating them to be something completely different. When I had this for the Club LLLC kit I used this die to make a bean bag chair.


It was Meadow's idea to put the books from the Club LLLC September 2020 Kit Desk Accessories Die on the floor by the rabbit. She said he needed more books to pick up when he was done with that onYou saw the sentiment in the photo just before the one above with the "So Many Books" part of the sentiment. 


Then in this photo, you see the "So Little Time" this is all one sentiment. I just inked half and stamped it on one half of the long flag and inked the other half of the sentiment on the other half of the long flag. I cut the flag in half then just put it on either side of the "wall" to make it look like an extended flag.  I also used a long flag for the sentiment on the bookmark itself.


Speaking of the bookmark, I told you I made a pocket for it. I didn't want the bookmark to get stuck to any 3D foam so I used the Left Pocket Die (and to make it more secure you could use both of the new pocket dies) and just adhered it to the back of the Postage Squares Die. It fit perfectly on the back!

I used the Read Label Die from the Bookmark Die to create some wall art in this scene as well. I wanted to try to use every single die from the Bookmark Die in one way or another.

The Copic Colors I used are:
Rabbit: E50, 51, 53, 55, 93, 41, BG0000
Rabbits Book: E81, 84
Owl: E21, 23, 25, YR02, 12, 16
Owl Book: YG97, 95, 93
Mouse: E50, 51, 53, 55, R30
Mouse Books: E81, 84, R56, 59, YR23, 24, B66, 69
Books on floor: R24, 27, B21, 23, YG91, 93, Y08, 13
Lamp: YG99, 97, 95, 93, 91, Y08, 13, C3, 4
Cushions: Distressed Ink Forest Moss, YG97, 93

If you like the way I color and would like to learn from me, come join Copic Academy!




Here are the supplies I used for the card:

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!




Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Comments