Happy Times Challenge #423 ~ The Paper Shelter


Hey All! Today I am playing with Happy Times from The Paper Shelter. The Paper Shelter challenge for this week is Birthday. Since I have been sick and getting caught up on my posts, this was perfect timing! I had actually made this card for my dentist.. yes another card for our dentist. His birthday is just before my son Stephen's birthday.


He is a child of the '70s, as am I, so I knew this would be a perfect image to use. The Happy Times Mega Pack comes with 2 other images as well that are a lot of fun.


I also added the stitched chevron die to add some texture and fun. I also added a bit of twine to add a bit of depth and separation.

The last thing I added was the sentiment. I cut that out using a long flag die.



The Copic markers I used are:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R30
Hair: E41, 42, 43, 44, 47
Jeans: B91, 93, 95, 97, 99, W3
Shirt: B12, 14, 16, 18
Shoes: R27, 24, C0, 1
Rocks: T3, 5, 6
Hammock: E81, 84, 87
Newspaper: E41, 42
Grass: YG23, 25, 93, 99, G24, 99
Trees: E31, 34, 33, 35, 37
Sky: B0000, 000, 00, 01

Here is the video I made of me coloring the image with Copic markers and putting the card together. I hope you enjoy the video:



Here are the supplies that I used so you can have easy access to them:




I hope you enjoyed my post today. There are a lot of lovely cards over on the challenge blog you really should go and look.  Find The Paper Shelter on Instagram here: @thepapershelter. There is also a group on Facebook called Friends Who Like The Paper Shelter that you can share them with as well.

Until next time friends!!!






Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramYouTubePinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on instagram Email Me RSS YouTube

Comments

  1. This is so pretty, in beautiful colours, thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun colourful card! Love the chevron design and cute image! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Is this not the most precious thing ever?? Perfectly done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GASP!! This is so adorable and you coloring is out of this world. Boy cards can be so hard, but clearly not for you!! I'm off to watch your video now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!