Popcorn Sprite Video Tutorial ~ Aurora Wings Showcase

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Today is a wonderful day for an Aurora Wings new release over at the Showcase Blog! For my first post, I have the CUTE Popcorn Sprite! I honestly could not wait to get her colored! She inspired me the first second that I saw her. Do you remember the way the circus popcorn boxes or the way popcorn boxes at the movies used to look?



I am sure that everyone remembers these. This is exactly what I was going for when I colored this cute little Popcorn Sprite. Doesn't it look as if she just came out of that box?



Not only is she super cute... she is a sweet little invitation to a birthday or anything fun!



When I colored her dress, I had to draw into the dress for the lines to get the stripes somewhat looking as if they belonged that way. I am very happy and fortunate that the way Mitzi does all the AMAZING details on her sprites that she made it very easy for me to do on this sweet little thing.



I wanted her hair to have some dimension. With printing out 2 of the sprites, but cutting one out and only coloring part of her hair (you will see this in the video how I did it, below) and popping the rest of her up with some 3D foam... mission complete!



The loose "hair" from the full image I colored, I still used and cut out as well. I used it on the invite itself.










The last thing I added were the sequins. They added just the right balance and pop with the red Xyron foil I used.

The Copic markers I used are:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30
Hair & Popcorn: E99, YR31, 30
Dress: R59, 29, 27, 24, W3, 2, 0
White Gel Pen

Cardstock sizes:
Whisper White: 6 1/2 X 5 1/4, 6 1/4 X 3/4, scraps
Neenah Cardstock for printing
Real Red: 6 x 6 1/4

Here is the video I promised with the tutorial of how I made this cute little bag invitation:



Click HERE to get the You're Invited invitation template I made.

Now yet more awesome stuff!!





Here are the supplies I used for these cards:



Be sure to go over to the Aurora Wings Showcase blog for more inspiration from the team for this image and the others released today.

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with the Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in the Aurora Wings group go and join, you won't be sorry. You are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Remember to sign up to get my blog so you don't miss any of my posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my Facebook page

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. I LOVE this idea for an invite!! Your video is a fabulous way to make one ser the process :) Of course, you know I also love the colors you used, too!! ;)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!