Chinese Year Of The Rat ~ La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Happy Monday everyone! It is my first La-La Land Crafts card of the year! The team's challenge this week was to have a New Year Inspiration theme. It is the Chinese year of the rat, the animal in which I was born under. Needless to say this theme was a lot of fun for me. Granted the little "rat" is actually a mouse, but I am sure it will work.

La-La Land Crafts Kimono Molli - Copictopia

I used one of my favorite colors for Kimono Molli's ... well, kimono, which is blue. I let my daughter pick the other color and I think she did very well. I really took my time coloring Kimono Molli and had a great time with her. I especially liked coloring the flowers on her kimono.

La-La Land Crafts Kimono Molli - Copictopia

Although, when coloring Mr. mouse's shirt, who is ringing in the new year with his little bells, I think I was cross-eyed by the time I was finished.

La-La Land Crafts Kimono Molli - Copictopia

I really like coloring eyes. I like it when I can make them really stand out from everything else that is colored. I believe I did that with Kimono Molli.

La-La Land Crafts Kimono Molli - Copictopia

For the background, I used the All About Lace Layering Stencils to get a beautiful background that would look nice with Kimono Molli.

La-La Land Crafts Kimono Molli - Copictopia

The sentiment came from the Wood Planks Background Stamp. I stamped it and cut it out using the Long Flags Die Cuts. I ran it through one time with the die-cut but it was too long. After deciding how long I wanted it, I ran just the VERY end of the die cut through to get it where I wanted it.

Copic markers I used are:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 13, 21, R20, 30
Eyes: YG01, 09
Lips: E04, R32
Hair: C2, 4, 5, 7, 9
Kimono, Shoes & Mouse Shirt: B000, 00, 01, 02, R81, 83, 85, YG25, G28, White Gel Pen
Mouse: E50. 51. 53. 55, 93
Bells: YR23, 24, Y26, 28, E41, White Gel Pen
Stencil: Ranger Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink

I do have a video of how I colored the images and put the card together for you below.



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments