The Cat's Pajamas September Release & Blog Hop!

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Today is a super fun day! Yes... it is not Friday but still super fun and you won't want to miss out on any of it!  If you are coming from beautiful Brenda's blog, then you have already had a taste for what is in store for you!

Welcome to my blog! This is so much fun that I am excited to be a part of this super fun blog hop!



The card I made for the blog hop is really fun and I couldn't wait to see what it looked like when I finished! I used the new release Hey Boo! stamp set. I just love the adorable little witches in this set. I have also seen all kinds of bright, daytime rain cards. But, I have yet to see any nighttime Halloween time ones... bout time right?



I did take step by step photos of how I made this card for you. So instead of telling you about the card. I will tell you how and what I used to make it. I thought that would be a bit fun since I seem to be on a roll with tutorials this week already.

To cut ahead of time...




    • I started out with black cardstock 4 1/4" x 11" folded in half for the card base

    • I have one layer under the main layer that is the galaxy background which is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

    • The top layer for the clouds is scraps that are at least 4 1/4" wide

    • (2) white or any color really cardstock 3/4 x 4 1/4"
































































































































For the background, I started out with the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 white Neenah 110lb cardstock. I used Picked Raspberries Distress Ink and a blending tool to apply in a couple of different areas.
I did the same with Seedless Grapes Distress Oxide Ink
I used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink to fill in any other white spots as the whole paper needs to be covered. I also blended it in with the other colors as well.


I went over everything with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink

And again with Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink
Spray some water on it. You can also just flick water or drop it from above if you like to get the type of water droplets you would like to have
Use a paper napkin to gently blot the excess water off.
If you get your cardstock just a bit to wet you can also take a heat gun to it as well
You can use white paint, Copic Opaque white or even white ink to flick white splatters onto your cardstock. I sometimes use white titanium ink from Amsterdam. You can see me using it in my videos to make this background and it can be found at Hobby Lobby.

after you get the results you would like to have set it aside to dry.
Next, take the 3/4 x 4 1/4 cardstock pieces and draw a line down the center horizontally... about 3/8 of an inch.

Then, mark off along the bottom at every 1/4 inch

After everything is marked you should have 16 lines. Cut each of the marks up to the centerline on just one side as seen in the photo. The bottom cardstock is marked the top one has the cuts.

do this on both pieces.
use 3d foam tape or squares, whatever you have to line across the top of each piece of cardstock. I do this so that the beads do not have to struggle to move back and forth.
Place each of the 3/4 x 4 1/4 pieces along the top and the bottom of the galaxy background cardstock. Have all ends meeting with the fringe side facing out away from the center of the card.




I feel that it is faster and easier for me to bead all the beads at once on thin fishing line. Then when I go to string the beads on the card it is just done and I just have to do the stringing. I also don't cut the fishing line from the spool until I have strung the card in case I have an accident.

If you like you can start out and cut the amount of line that you think you will need and tape it on the back like this and then string the seed beads as you go.

However, I did all my beading first and now in the photo you see is the end of the fishing line. It is hard to tie knots in fishing line so I use washi tape and you can use scotch tape if you wish to hold the end to the backside of your galaxy background.

After you have it taped down in the back bring it up between your galaxy background and the 3/4 x 4 1/4 (which I will call fringe carstock now) to bring up through the bottom side of the first slit.


count out 10 seed beads for each time you weave the fishing line through the fringe cardstock. you will just weave it behind from top to bottom each time until finished. don't worry it will buckle just a bit.

When finished going all the way across cut the end of the line about an inch to two inches away from the card.
The same way you started is the same way you will finish. Bring the end of the fishing line to the backside of your galaxy background and secure with tape.
Now it is time to adhere you galaxy background to your 4 1/4 x 11 cardstock base that you have folded in half.
You can either put the adhesive on the backside of your galaxy background or you can put it on the top of the card base. Since it has buckled a bit tape the heck out of it! but I wouldn't use liquid adhesive.
 As you can see it does lay flat once it is down.
Now for decoration! I used the Clouds and Balloons Die-cut to cut out clouds for the top and the bottom of my card.

I am going to do some heat embossing with some purple embossing powder for the sentiment I am using from the Hey Boo! clear stamp set.
First I dusted the cardstock with my embossing buddy so that I didn't get any crazy stragglers of embossing powder.
I used a versamark ink pad to ink up the sentiment that I am using
Then onto the cardstock clouds, it goes
I dusted the purple embossing powder over the top of the versamark ink that is on my cloud
Then used my heat gun to finish it off.
After I got the clouds done. I place some 3d foam tape on over the fringed cardstock to keep the fishing line secure along with raising up the clouds so the beads will have an easy time to move without getting caught up in the clouds.
I placed down my first bottom cloud. You will want to make sure that it is all edge to edge.
Now both sets of clouds are finished and my card is almost complete.
I also put some 3d foam squares on the backside of my little witch so that she didn't get caught up in the beads either.
Now my little witch is up there as well. You can find my Copic colors at the end of this post.
Of course, with me, nothing is complete without some awesome holeless sequins!

and there you have it my friends all done.


 



The Copic markers I used are:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 11, 21

  • Witch clothes: BV20, 22, 25, 28, YG00, 01, 03

  • Moon: Y11, 02, 15

  • Star & Wand: Y02



If you lose your place be sure to go over to visit The Cat's Pajamas Blog and Facebook pageThere is always wonderful inspiration from the team!

Your next stop on this hop will be over to Lynn's beautiful blog - wait till you see what she made it is so gorgeous!!

I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. I love this super fun card with the great waterfall of beads in the background! The sentiment is made for this one, Cristena! Thanks so much for sharing the great step by step instructions! Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your wonderful comment Helen :) I am so happy to hear that you liked the instructions I made for this card. Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaa!?? Just AMAZIING. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing how you did it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Christena
    your card is just mind blowing and your detailed explanation is fantastic. Love it all. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!