Layer It Up Challenge - The Cat's Pajamas

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! It is the first Tuesday of the month so you know what that means! Yup a challenge from The Cat's Pajamas team. This month's challenge is right down my alley! Layer it up cupcake!

I decided I wanted to go with black cats (no voodoo dolls) Halloween, and coffee!! Although, sometimes I wonder if coffee has its own kind of magic with the wonderful way my attitude changes the moment that pumpkin spice passes through my lips!



I absolutely love the Big Cups stamp set. I get a giggle every time I use it. This time I decided to use the cute cat in curlers along with the sentiment of "Enough Coffee and I could rule the world" I thought that it would fit well with cats, coffee and Halloween.



For the background behind the cute kitty, I used the Portrait of Mew die-cut. I love that it also cuts out the center so that you can have a different center if you choose. So I had a black frame with the purple patterned paper behind the kitty.



I also used the same die-cut to stamp the sentiment. I did cut out the paper with the die-cut and then stamped just to make sure everything was centered. I am horrible at trying to center things in a die-cut.



I added some glittered ribbon that I have had for a long time. I forgot I even had it. Meadow is the one that found it.



In the video I made of coloring and putting the card together I did put gems on the card. I decided when the video was done that I just didn't like the way it looked. So, I took them off. I decided to put my favorite go-to on the card instead.... sequins.



For a little bit of fun, I had to put on some foiled bat Halloween paper as well.



I wanted to color miss kitty with all Halloween colors. However, for the fun of being me, I had to color the curlers in traditional curler colors.

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • Robe & Hair bow: V20, 22, 25, 28, C5

  • Bunny Slippers: E50, 53, 55, 93, R00, 02, 01

  • Coffee Cup: YR18, 15, 12, C8

  • Paper: E40, 42

  • Curlers: RV10, 13, B00, 01, Y00, 02, YG23, 25





Be sure to check out The Cat's Pajamas Blog and Facebook page to see what the other designers on the team have made to inspire you for the challenge. I really hope that you will go over join in all the fun

I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss a post. You might also want to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Love the literal "cat's pajamas" interpretation and the purple :-) Does Meadow show any interest in designing her own cards on a regular basis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she does when she is not playing with her rabbit. She has her own blog but has not been on it for a while. craftinmeadow.wordpress.com or she will sometimes put her creations on her Instagram @craftinmeadow
    She also was a guest designer for a couple of different companies as well. :) That was a real treat for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore-ABLE. Just the cutest and the frame is purrfect for this kitty in curlers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thank you so much Alma :) I am so happy that you like the card :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!