Birds Of A Feather New Release ~ La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Happy Monday!! Today is an extra special Monday! It is New Release week for La-La Land Crafts! I am sure you have seen Birds Of A Feather from Team Friday. However, I still have some super fun and cute boxes that I made with some of the new stuff. Including the awesome birds from Birds Of A Feather.

I just had to make something using the fun and cute new little Suitcase Box die-cut. I LOVE it!! It is the perfect size for fun little bite-size candy or even lipgloss.



I know.. it does not look like the normal every day parrot that you are used to. My inspiration came from the movie Rio. I decided to look up the beautiful and majestic looking Blue Macaw. I was so very sad when I found out that these birds are actually extinct in the wild. It is just heartbreaking.





They are so beautiful! The top photo is the actual Blue Macaw and the bottom photo is of Rio and his girlfriend, my inspiration.



It was a lot of fun making these little boxes. I used the new Endless Summer patterned paper which is so gorgeous! I love many of the patterns. There is such a variety that it could suit most people depending on what you are using it for.



This is the Cockatoo that I made. After I made the Cockatoo my son, Stephen, reminded me that the Cockatoo in Rio was working for the bad guys. Of course, we had to go and watch the movie again so I could remember. But I love those movies, so I didn't mind.



I love that the Suitcase Box die-cut has a wee little handle at the top of the box as well. All the solid color cardstock and the brads I used on the Suitcase box I made sure matched the Endless Summer patterned paper.



The last thing that I made was using the Luggage Tag die-cut. Who can have a suitcase without a luggage tag.. seriously? I used some Distress Oxide ink to stamp the tropical leaves all over some paper then I used the sentiment "Birds of a feather party together" I thought that would be fun since you can use the Suitcase Box die-cut for party favors.

Copic markers I used for the project are:


  • Blue Macaw: C3, 5, 7, B00, 02, 04, 23, 24, W4

  • Drink: YR02, 000

  • Umbrella: Y15, 11, YR02

  • Cockatoo: Y11, 02, 15, C0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7

  • Tropical Leaves: YG00, 01, 03



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well. Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments