Zoo Research with Things Are Looking Up La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Happy Monday!! School is starting soon! We start next week and my kids are NOT looking forward to it at all. They say that it is better than public school... but unless you are a math wiz or an accountant... who really wants to spend their day learning about math? I know when I was a kid it was not my favorite at all.

So every year I try to make something fun for them. This year I made them some fun Zoo Research Books. We normally go to the zoo a few times a year. The kids pick an animal to do research on and do a report on it. They get to take the whole year to do it so they can find as much information as possible.



This is the one that I made for Meadow. She wanted some polka dots and pink on hers for sure.



This is the one that I made for Stephen. He wanted more of a boyish look of course. I am not sure he will even really use his since he is getting older. He likes things that I make for him... but boys do get older.



I used the Hearts & Harlequins stencils for the leaves on the Large Stitched Tags set. I am so excited to have the Large Stitched Tags now! They are so much fun!  I made my own cloud stencil and did the clouds on the second-largest stitched tag die cut to put behind the animals.



I used the Simple Joy's Background for the books cover on Stephen's and Meadow's book but I added polka dots from the So Many Dots Layering Stencils to Meadow's book.



The insides of the books I also used the Simple Joys Background Stamp.  Here is the inside of Stephen's book.



It has pockets on both sides and I used the Large Stitched Tags to make covers so their notes and things would not fall out.



I used velcro to keep them shut. They are a little strong but the velcro will wear down a bit with time. I also made some divider cards with the smallest of the Large Stitched Tags and the largest of the Scalloped Rectangles.



The other side of the holder can hold paper for notes they need to make or paper for drawing pictures of the animals. On both of the holders, I made a little pen holder in the center with ribbon.



This is the inside of Meadow's book. She wanted only polka dots, so no Simple Joys backgrounds on her inside boxes. I did put it on the closing tags and the divider cards.



I did put the Simple Joys background on the divider cards and the So Many Dots Layering Stencils so that it would match the outside of her cover.



I have made templates for the outer cover and the inside boxes



Copic markers I used for the project are:


  • Gator: YG21, 23, 25, 17, G24

  • Giraffe: E30, 31, 33, 35, 44, 47, 49, Y35

  • Ostrich: R00, 01, 02, C0,1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, Y35, 38

  • Mercat: E50, 51, 53, 55



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well. Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Wow amazing blog and love all the shopping details at the end, thank you so much for th details on how to make the envelope box I'll be giving it a try
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure Erin I am happy you like it all :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!