Summer Time Bunnies in Flight - The Cat's Pajamas

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! It is time for a new challenge over at The Cat's Pajamas blog! The theme this month is Summer! I don't know anyone that isn't ready, willing and READY for summer time! So this challenge should be easy to be inspired by.

My kids are always watching the cartoon Phineas and Ferb. If you have not seen the cartoon before, it is about two brothers that are always building things during their summer that are wild and crazy. The cartoon always starts out with Phineas asking Ferb "What should we do today Ferb", kind of like Pinky and The Brain. So between the cartoon and the theme of summer that is where my inspiration for this card came from.



I thought this little bunny and dragon from Bunnies In Flight would be perfect! It also has a perfect sentiment "Let The Adventure Begin" for the card.



I knew that I wanted to make the dragon a little bit of a different color than just the normal green that I had been seeing around the internet. So I used purple and green, but I didn't stop there. I also used some of the Copic Various Blender Fluid on a napkin to get the little "scales" for some texture on the dragon.



I also used the Spring Tree Duo CutUps die cut to make the textured circle with the window. I didn't use the tree part, just the circle because I wanted to make a bit of a scene of the bunny and dragon flying into through their little summertime escape.



The last things that I added were the little amber colored sequins because they made me think of the fire from the dragon.

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • Rabbit: E50, 51, 53, 55, R01, 02

  • Dragon: V01, 04, 06, 09, YG00, 01, 03, 25, E42

  • Dragon Fire: Y19, R05

  • Sword: T0, 2, 3

  • Shield: T0, 2, R27, 29, E34, 33, 44, 30, 42

  • Hat: T0, 2, 3, R27, 29, E43

  • Mountains: E30, 31, 33, 34, C0, 1, 2, 3

  • Grassy hills: G28, 24, YG23, 25



Be sure to check out The Cat's Pajamas Blog and Facebook page to see what the other designers on the team have made to inspire you for the challenge. I really hope that you will go over join in all the fun

I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!