Queen Of Hearts New Wonderland Collection

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey All! Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorite stories and books, even before Disney. Lewis Carroll was an amazing writer. I have loved all of his wonderful stories and poems.



I was very happy and excited to see that Christine from Paper Nest Dolls had created a Wonderland Series of digital stamps in her own fantastic style of drawing. I just had to watch the latest Disney Alice In Wonderland (the one with Johnny Depp of course) while I colored the Queen of Hearts, although I colored her as the Red Queen (yes they are different). My daughter always laughs at me because I can quote the whole movie as I am watching it. Not sure if that is good or bad.



I did my best to color the dress as in the movie of Tim Burton's Red Queen rather than the Queen of Hearts. Probably just because I like the Red Queen a bit more and I like the way that Tim Burton morphed them together. There was at one time Lewis Carroll said that he saw the characters as two different characters but a lot of people that have adapted the books into movies or video games have put the characters together as one person, which I think is fun. Either way enough of my fangirl stuff haha!



I had such a good time coloring this Queen of Hearts digital stamp. Between her red hair and the pleats in her dress, it was so much fun. While coloring the flamingo I had never realized that I have never once used the RV29 marker. I was lucky enough to find a photo of a flamingo on Pinterest to see what colors I should use, so that was fun as well.



I, of course, had to use the Hearts & Harlequin stencils from La-La Land Crafts to do the backgrounds. I put the hearts on the red cardstock and embossed them. I also embossed them on some white cardstock, then colored the cardstock and the hearts to match the Queen of Hearts Dress.



I also colored the red rhinestones in the corners of the card. I didn't have any actual red rhinestones the size that I wanted. I used my R29 Copic marker to color over some clear rhinestones that I had from Stampin' Up!



The Copic markers I used are:




  • Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20

  • Hair: YR02, 04, 09, R59, 29

  • Dress: C3, 5, 6, 8, YR27, 24, 23, 21, R17, 24, 27, 29, 46, 59

  • Crown: YR27, 24, 23, 21, R29, 46, Y26, 28

  • Flamingo: RV21, 13, 14, 29, Y13, 17

  • Hearts: R17, 24, 27, 29, 46, 59



I hope you enjoyed my post today. You can also find great inspiration over at the Paper Nest Dolls Facebook Group as well.

Until next time friends!!!





Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments