Tropical Is Calling! La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Today I am so ready for summer something tropical!! Have you seen the Almond Joy Commerical? My son, Stephen, says "It's Tropicallin" every time it is raining outside haha!! So, I decided to use Molly Mermaid. She is so cute and sweet!

One of the things I love about Molly Mermaid is her hair, it was so much fun to color. I love that she has an actual top on as well instead of some sea shells because it is a nice modest example for Meadow who loves to color La-La Land Craft images.



I used a lot of new stuff on this card. The first thing I knew that I wanted to use is the Nested Frames Large Die Cuts. They made me think that she was sitting in a clamshell. I decided on using pearls on the card for the same idea.



I also got to use the Scalloped Rectangle Die Cut. I love the way it has the stitching along the edge of the die cut and also a little piercing in each of the scallops.

I used the Water Rippling Layered Stencils and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink on the Scalloped Rectangle that I cut out for a little bit of a water look.



I also had to add the sweet Sea Turtle die cut in there... what says tropical like a mermaid petting a sea turtle... well besides coconuts haha!



I also added some beautiful Hibiscus Die Cuts on the card for more of that beautiful tropical feel.



I was also able to get the cute little Stitched Sun and Clouds Die cut. I only used the sun on this one because who wants clouds in the tropical? yuck.



Here is one last look at the tropical looking Molly Mermaid... I love how the scales on her fin turned out for sure!

The Copic markers I used are:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20, BV20
Hair: E50, 51, 53, 55, BG11, 13, 15, 17
Tail and top: BG11, 13, 15, 17, R00, 01, 02

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments