Sweet Tower Princess - Paper Nest Dolls

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey All! Today is the day! We get to start a new challenge over at the Paper Nest Dolls challenge blog. The challenge is "Anything goes" but you will want to hop over there to see all the rules. For the challenge this month I am using the very cute Tower Princess.



When I decided to use Tower Princess, I wanted the card to be special. Meadow likes to send cards to her friends every month. I try to either make more cards for her or sometimes she will make her own. With Tower Princess, I thought I would make it for her friend Trinity.  Now mind you... I had to try and get the colors correct or I would hear about it, I mean it is a Disney Princess now haha!



To try and get the colors as close as I could I googled the movie Tangled and looked at the images on there. I don't think I did too badly... even with little Pascal.



I was so shocked that I actually found some purple paper in my scraps let alone some purple patterned paper. I actually think this patterned paper is from a 12 x 12 paper pad that I had gotten Meadow a few years ago that was themed for the movie Frozen. I am really happy that I still had a tiny bit either way. I don't normally get anything purple.



I didn't want just a plain border so I used the Rectangle Combo OPC #3 die cut from Rubbernecker Stamps. It is a pretty cool die cut and I love the scalloped border that it gives you. You can either use the whole thing, or you can use parts of it and save the rest of it for later.

I also used the Nested Circle w/Small Stitch die cuts, also from Rubbernecker Stamps, to put some fun little texture on the card. I really like how the vellum looks after you have cut it out with the stitched die cuts.



The last things I added were the dew drops and the sequins. I felt the card needed something and for some reason, my brain did not seem to come up with a ribbon for the something it was needing now that I look at it... it was a bit of a long day haha!

The Copic markers I used are:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20

  • Hair: E50, 51, 53, 55

  • Dress: BV01, 02, 04, V01, 04, 06, 09, R81, 83, C1

  • Crown: YR21, 23, 24, R46

  • Pascal: YG00, 01, 03



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don't forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog, You can also find great inspiration over at the Paper Nest Dolls Facebook Group as well.

Until next time friends!!!





Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments