Move It Scuba Steve Bunny? - The Cat's Pajamas

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Do I have a really fun REALLY FUN slider card for you today! I knew I wanted to do this card but... I needed some more time to figure it out before I showed it to you.

I am using The Cat's Pajamas Bunnies At Sea for its super cute image and the very fun sentiment. I just love the whole set, to be honest. This is the second slider card I have made using the Slider CutUp and some hair gel.



I knew what I wanted to do the moment I saw this cute little bunny and my children were in the background changing the words to some of the lines to Adam Sandler's "Big Daddy" movie. I think we all know Scuba Steve. Who doesn't love Scuba Steve?? I mean come on. With that, I had the idea and I HAD to do it!

Here is a little video so you can see him in action. While making the card was fun if you don't see him in action, what is the point? You have to have fun as well.



I did go a little heavy on the hair gel in the ziplock baggy. So this card weighs almost a pound and a half!!! <GASP CHOKE LAUGHING> Yes You read that correctly!! a POUND AND A HALF on this baby!!! It is awesome!

I asked my hubby to stop and get me some clear hair gel for a card project. Normally he will stop and get me the little $1 trial size which just half of that is normally enough. This time? I have no idea what kind of card he thought I was making but he comes home with this HUGE 5lb jar of the stuff!! He said "It was a dollar to so... yeah" shrugs his shoulders and walks off HAHAHA!!



So the background "water" behind Steve, is just some crazy holographic paper that changes colors. One minute the paper looks blue the next green. I figured it would look good as water. I adhered that to some white cardstock to give it some stiffness. It was too flimsy to stand on its own.

Then I went ahead and cut out the slider part of the card using the Slider CutUp from The Cats Pajamas. I LOVE this slider die cut it is so much fun. I then put Scuba Steve Bunny on his slider bar. I glued down the fish and then came putting the gel on top of everything.

I made a sort of "box" to put the gel and such in so that I could overlap the Beaches CupUp so it would look like he was going along the sand.



Yes, there is actually an inside of this card. I had cut the sentiment apart so that I could place it on different parts of the card with the "punch line" on the inside.



The last things I added was the dew drops and the sentiment. I really love how this card turned out and I hope that you do as well.

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • Scuba Steve Bunny: E50, 51, 53, 55

  • Scuba Suit: R14, 17, 24, 27 , 29, 46, Y11, 13, 15, 17

  • Fish: Y11, 13, 15, 17



Be sure to check out The Cat's Pajamas Blog and Facebook page to see what the other designers on the team have made to inspire you for the challenge. I really hope that you will go over join in all the fun

I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. That card looks amazing! LOVE the water - it looks just like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, had to come over and see how you made this. It amazing. I love how the hair gel moves when he slides. Thanks for the video, definitely worth watching twice. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously love this card! I'm so inspired to try one now! (I'll tag and credit you ❤️❤️❤️)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!