Take It Sloth So Cute Lala Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Happy Monday! Today is going to be fun! I love sloths they are so cute, especially in this super cute stamp set from La-La Land Crafts. They are adorable.

Today's challenge for the La-La Land Crafts was to use backgrounds and stencils. I have to admit, I only have one set of stencils and one background stamp to use so I was really debating on what I should do. This is what I came up with.



I picked the Take it Sloth stamp set because I have been dying to use it, ever since I started on guest designing on the team. I just started out slowly and as I was coloring the little leaves for the branches from the stamp set...



It hit me! There are two leaves in the photo above, but they looked like hearts!!! <GASP> I knew exactly what I was going to do! I was going to ink the paper with green ink!! Yeah, about that... epic fail!!! The ink did not look correct on the paper for NOTHIN!! It was only distress oxide ink so I kind of patted it dry... then I got another bright idea!



The ink was so light on the cardstock, I could use it for a coloring template! Yeah, I know you shouldn't color over anything with your Copic markers because it could harm them. I threw caution to the wind because I knew what I wanted to do, and by George (whoever he is) I was going to do it!  I did it! It came out looking so cute! It didn't seem to bother my nibs on my Copic markers either (YAY!)



After I finished coloring the background stamped paper, I went on to use the Hearts & Harlequin Layer stencil to emboss the background paper. I also decided the hearts weren't looking just how I wanted... so yup! I colored those too! haha! You can kind of see in the photo above and the photo below where the paper looks raised a bit, It was fun.



Next on my coloring hit list was the Heart Wreath die cut. I cut out 6 of them so I could put them in different places. I colored all the hearts on the wreath as well. I was going to color the "vine" part to match the branches of the trees the sloths are in. However, I decided I liked them just the way they were.



I think the sentiment is adorable as well. I like the way they are looking out from the little holes in the leaves like "did someone say sloffee?" it is so cute!



I don't think you can see it, but the dark brown sloth is actually holding a heart on a string. I decided though it would look cute if the sloth was bringing up his sloffee from the stump below instead of the heart. So I just laid the coffee sloffee cup over the heart.

I also placed the other sloffee cup on the stump below for the light brown sloth.. can't leave him out now, can we?

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • All the plethora of hearts on the background and the stencil: G24, 28, YG25

  • Grass: G21, 24, 28, YG23, 25

  • Stump & Branches: E27, 25, 23

  • Dark Brown Sloth: E40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 23, 51, R01

  • Light Brown Sloth: W2, 3, E50, 51, 53, 55, R01



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments