Sketch Saturday #560 Hog Heaven from Sparkle n' Sprinkle

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Happy Saturday! It is time for a new fun sketch challenge from Sketch Saturday! We have a great sponsor this week:







The prize this week is a $15 gift certificate!






Here is sketch #560:






This card was a lot of fun for me to do. My mother in law and brother in law are both actually in town this week. While they were out shopping with my husband and my kids I started to color this cute little pig. I love to color pigs, I am not sure why... maybe because I think they are so darn cute.



When I was finished coloring the cute little pig is when everyone got home. Thankfully, everyone wanted to watch some news show and discuss politics, which is not mine or Meadow's thing. So her and I both went back to my office to finish this cute card together. We must have gone back and forth 4 or 5 times about what patterned paper we were going to use before we decided upon something that wasn't too busy or too flashy and would go with the pink glitter paper we had made with the Sparkle n' Sprinkle glitter.



We also went back and forth on the yellow paper for the strip. We wanted it to again match the pink glitter paper. Really? Yes, really it all goes to that pink glitter paper.. it really needed to be in there we felt since Sparkle n' Sprinkle is our sponsor we felt we should be using more than just their stamps but their glitter as well.



I used an embossing folder on the paper making it look like water splashes on the paper. We also wanted the yellow paper to match somewhat to the yellow towel that I had colored.



Meadow got a real kick out of the sentiment to go with this stamp set. We decided we wanted to cut it apart and use it for part of the 3 strips that go behind the oval and just use the sweet little pig on a towel for the oval shape instead. We did try it with the oval but we really liked it better as the pig as the shape instead.



We also got some pink flowers to match the pink glitter strips. The glitter strips were so fun and easy to make. We used the Sparkle n' Sprinkle sticker paper to put the glitter on then we actually ran them through my Xyron Creative Lite to make the backside stickers as well. I did have some double sided sticker tape from Sprinkle n Sparkle, but I have no idea where it is after the move.

The last thing that we added was some of the no hole sequins from The Cats Pajamas. Meadow thought they would look like sparkles from the water.

The Copic markers I used are:


  • Pig: R01, 02, YR61, E41

  • Towel: Y00, 02, 06, RV10, 13, 23, 25



Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments