My Heart Hurts For You La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Today is going to be a bit of a different post... and a little different take on the new La-La Land Crafts new release stamp set Sympathy. The first card I made was actually the second card I had made with this set. This card, I was a little worried wouldn't fly for a design team card.

I colored this angel this way at first because it really hit home with me. The first year I lived in California it felt like death surrounded me. It was just after a year of being there actually that first, my mother passed away. She lived in Washington and I was now living in California and the only one to take care of anything for her, with no way to get back. I while just kind of dazed... it was grief set in with disbelief I think.

This is why I colored the angel this way... just all the hurt and the pain that I had felt.



Now, don't get too choked up... my mother and I did not have the normal mother/daughter relationship ... not even close! Although, I still had a lot of hurt when she died. That is why I used the Hearts Forever Background stamp just behind the angel. I cut out the black cardstock with the Pierced Scallop Ovals die cuts for the angel to rest upon.



I reached out to friends... so many people, people I didn't even know, came together and got me a plane ticket and money to get back to take care of everything for her. That is where the pink comes in... from all the love that I felt from friends, family, and people I didn't even know. I felt so much love coming up from beyond that hurt, grief, and pain. That is why I decided to use the My Heart Hurts for the sentiment. I double stamped it to get kind of a shadow on it.



I also used the Mandla Doily Die cut for more hearts. I did it in grey and pink... as the darkness fades away into the love that I found in family... my mothers family that I had never been close to that I don't think I could have gotten through parts of this without them... and same with my mother in law... there is no way I would have gotten through it without her.



A couple of months after my mother passed away, my dog Mezzi passed away. She was my best friend. She had lived a long life (17 years old), but the high winds had blown her into the pool one night when we didn't realize she had gone outside to the bathroom. With her being mostly blind, she couldn't find her way out of the pool. I was devastated. Then only 3 months later... our other dog, Gracie, who had grown up with Mezzi passed away as well. I believe she died of a broken heart missing her best friend as well. This is why I picked using the Hearts & Harlequins Stencils on the very back black cardstock layer, and the roses. I also finished it off with dew drops for the tears I still have.



So while my card looks a wee bit different today... there is a reason for every small and tiny detail of this card.

The Copic markers I used are:


  • C0, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team's creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Oh my heart! I’m so grateful you have been gifted to create, and that you could express yourself in this art. Such a beautiful tribute and piece of your heart. Thank you for sharing your creation and painful story; that’s a hard thing to do! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Marlena for your comment :) It was really REALLY hard to write about, as it is still hard to even think about. But things like this help you heal.... so I am told haha ;) Many Inky Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!