Cute Hey Friend Coffee Card Time For Tea

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Today I decided to do something a little different. I have never made cards that were 3 x 6 before. I needed to make a card to pay the kids for some fantastic work that they did for me. Both of them decide to weed the front yard while I had some cards to get finished. They are so both so sweet. I decided to make them both cards and put a little cash reward in them.  It is so much fun when they aren't expecting it!

I used the new release Bonnie Hey Friend digital stamp set from Time For Tea for the card. There is a bit of a long story behind why I decided to make this card this way. I really love how it came out, so I think you deserve the story as well haha!



Pink is one of Meadow's favorite colors. She really likes lavender better but, I didn't have any paper that would match. I really loved how the gingham paper went so well with the other polka dot paper since they are not from the same companies. The gingham is from A Muse Studio while the other is The Paper Studio.



I had a good time getting to use Border #3 from Rubbernecker. I have had the die cut for a while and just have not had the opportunity to use it. I GO to use it but then decide to go another way. Have you done that while you are crafting? I do it all the time. I think using the die cut on the patterned paper from The Paper Studio looks very soft yet fun against the gingham.



You can see in this photo that I did my thing that I love to do with the coffee cups that I color and make. I decided to use Copic markers to give the cups some highlighted shadows but that is about it. But the fun part is making the little sleeve for the cups using the paper crimper. I love how it comes out looking just like the sleeves Meadow gets on her cups from Starbucks.



Here you can see that I just printed out the Hey and Friend with going lightly around the edges. After I had them all cut out I used Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink to sponge the sentiment so that it would go well with the gingham paper.

You can also see that I used the Nested Scallop Circles and the Nested Circle w/Small Stitch from Rubbernecker Stamps to add some more layers, texture and fun elements to the card.

So the story behind the "Hey Friend" and coffee for cards for the kids is... Everytime the kids say they have money or they get money, my husband is not far behind. He will always toy with them by walking up, putting his arm around them and saying "Heeeyyyy friend, gunna buy me coffee now". Of course he gets a very quick response of "No daddy! buy your own coffee". haha!!

The Copic markers I used are:


  • Coffee Cups: W1, 2



Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Time For Tea Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Time For Tea please feel free to share them with everyone on the Time For Tea Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments