Watercolor Thinking Of You Rubbernecker Stamps

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Happy Wednesday! I love the card that I am going to show you today that I made using a couple few of the new release Rubbernecker Stamps, stamp sets.  It is starting to get sunny here and the spring fresh air is really starting to smell nice. I have the doors open and the sunshine coming through. I decided to make something that reflected that.

Rubbernecker Stamps came out with some GORGEOUS Organic flower stamp sets, that I just had to use.  They also came out with a VERY COOL stamp set that lets you imitate a watercolor look without actually watercoloring. It is amazing for someone like me that doesn't always get it right.



In the photo below the watercolor stamps in action. I used some Distress Oxide inks for the background. After I stamped all the ones that I wanted, I was able to spray them a little bit with the water sprayer to get some more of that watercolor look into the background. It probably would have worked better if I had used some watercolor paper. Although this was my first time of using the stamp set so I was more or less just playing around and then decided to make it into a full-blown card. Worked out I would like to think.



After using the watercolor set, I started to use the Organic #4 stamp set to put some black shadowed flowers and foliage in the background. I stamped them directly on top of the watercolor background after I dried it with a heat tool.



After getting the background all finished with the added touch of some dragonflies (my favorite), I went on to decide I wanted to make it a shaker card to add a little bit of fun to the card as well. Who doesn't like a cute shaker card?  I cut out the background, some shaker card foam from Queen & Co and a white piece of cardstock all using the Nested Deckle Frame die cuts. I can't even tell you how much I love these die cuts! It was nice because I could just cut everything out in one swoop with my crossover! It was AWESOME! I think I am a little excited about this card and how it came out haha!

Before putting it all down on the card base however, I did put the card base through the crossover with one of my really old REALLY OLD stampin up embossing folders. You know me, I can't leave things plain to save my life haha!



The last thing I did to the card was these super cute flower #2 die cuts... yes these are new die cuts from Rubbernecker Stamps. They are so cute! But again... me and stand alone die cuts, I just can't cut them out of cardstock and leave them. I think they look better if I just cut them out with white cardstock and color them with my markers. I know maybe I am completely off my rocker but I love them this way much better.



The Copic markers I used are:


  • Leaves & Stems: G20, 21, 24

  • Flower center: E30, 31, 33, 34, 23,25

  • Flower petals: R00, 01, 02



I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page, the new Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group on Facebook or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. I LOVE your card! So beautiful! I especially love the cut outs for the frame,they look so soft!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!