The Cat's Pajamas March Release & Blog Hop!

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Today is a super fun day! Yes... it is not Friday but still super fun and you won't want to miss out on any of it!  If you are coming from Nancy's wonderful blog, then you have already had a taste for what is in store for you!

This is something that I have not participated in, in a very long time! But it is so much fun that I am excited to be a part of this super fun blog hop!





I had a great time making my card for today's Cat's Pajamas hop!  I get to use the Cinco de Catus set today, one I have been dying to use! Are these guys not the cutest stinkin' things you have seen?



I love their mustaches so much that I had to use my C9 Copic marker to make little mustache lines so it would look more realistic to me haha! I just love them! You can probably see the lines best in the photo below.



I wanted to make the card match their hats. I colored all their hats the same colors just rotated the main colors around to each hat. I even went as far as looking up Mariachi Bands to see the way their instruments, clothes and everything looked. I love that I was actually able to get some tiny details on the little guitar.



At first, I was just trying to make some dots for the flowers like they do at the nail salon when you have your nails done... yeah that was an epic fail, all the dots just ran together to form a big dot haha!! That is when I decided to get out the .05 white gelly pen to do some little outlines where the little dots were supposed to stay haha! I think it turned out pretty well though.



I also loved the little chili peppers!! They are so cute! I colored a bunch of them up and cute them out so I could use them in the shaker card along with some of the hologram no hole sequins, that made it look so fun! Although, it doesn't shake very well because I got a little carried away with all the fun chili peppers haha!



I also placed some of the music notes around the card, as you see next to this cute little fellow.

The Copic markers I used are:


  • Cactus: YG00, 01, 03

  • Hats & Maracas: Y00, 02, 04, 08, YR12, 14, 16, R24, 27, 29, 46

  • Mustaches: C9

  • Pots: E95, 97, 99

  • Chili Peppers: R29, G24

  • Guitar: E95, 97, 99, YR31, Y28, YG23, White Gel Pen .05



If you lose your place be sure to go over to visit The Cat's Pajamas Blog and Facebook pageThere is always wonderful inspiration from the team!

Your next stop on this hop will be over to Brenda's blog - wait till you see what she made it is so gorgeous!!

I really hope you enjoyed my post today because I really enjoyed this card and making this post :)

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. I ADORE the paper you used. What a perfect look for this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to add the peppers to the shaker. Muy Festive! Your card says “party”! Just terrific

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm smiling as I write this comment! Your card is the cutest thing! Love the details you did. I would look at the picture then read your description then go back and see the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just so fun, festive, bright and happy, Cristena! It showcases this fun stamp set perfectly! I just love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing and for the wonderful inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, festive and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so festive and super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!